Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Banana Oatmeal Cookies
(75 calories | 4 4 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Low fat Banana Oatmeal Cookies are the kind of cookies you can eat for breakfast without feeling too guilty since they are full of good-for-you breakfast ingredients like oatmeal, bananas and walnuts.
Especially if you have them with fruit and some Greek yogurt.
They’re a perfect way to use up overripe bananas too.
If you like banana bread, but are looking for something a little different, you will love these low-fat oatmeal banana cookies.
Or if you prefer, here’s low-fat, gluten-free, vegan healthy banana cookies recipe for you.
Skinny on Banana Oatmeal Cookies,
This cookie dough needs to chill at least 10 minutes and up to 6 hours to let the dough firm up before baking.
The recipe specifies old-fashioned oats, which will produce the chewiest cookie. You can substitute quick-cooking oats, but your cookies will be less chewy.
Just be sure not to use quick cooking oats!
Because these cookies are low in fat, they are not going to spread out much (or at all) when you bake them.
So if you want, flatter cookies, press them down a bit with a spatula or the palm of your hand before baking.
According to my calculations each cookie has 75 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Calories increase to 86, PointsPlus stay the same and SmartPoints will increase to *4 per cookie with the addition of nuts.
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like these banana oat cookies, be sure to check out some of my other easy healthy cookie recipes including WW Chocolate Chip Cookies with Salted Peanuts, Banana Cookies with Oats & Chocolate Chips, No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, Easy Trail Mix Cookies, and Low-Fat Banana Date Coconut Cookies
If you’ve made these Low Fat Oatmeal Banana Cookies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Banana Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed really ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- In a medium size bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg until well blended and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in the mashed bananas, applesauce, egg, and vanilla, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula if necessary to make sure everything is well blended.
- Stir in the flour mixture with the mixer on low speed, or with a wooden spoon, just until combined. Stir in the oats, and nuts (if using), just until combined.
- Cover the dough and place in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes (or up to 6 hours) to firm up.
- When you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat your oven to 350F degrees. For best results line cookie sheet with silicone liners or parchment paper. Alternatively, you can use ungreased cookie sheets.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets about 3 inches apart. (Because these cookies are low in fat, they are not going to spread out much - or at all - when you bake them. So if you want, flatter cookies, press them down a bit with a spatula, or the palm of your hand, before baking.)
- Bake the cookies until their edges are golden brown, but they are still soft on top, about 15 to 17 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies rest on cookie sheets for several minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack with a spatula, and allow them to cool completely before storing.
Source: Mom’s Big Book of Cookies: 200 Family Favorites You’ll Love Making And Your Kids Will Love Eating by Lauren Chattman
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
How to Make Easy 3-Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
More Lightened Up Recipes with Oats & Banana for Weight Watchers
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (SkinnyTaste)
- Banana Oatmeal Jam Muffins (DrizzleMeSkinny)
- Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal Singles (EmilyBites)
- Chewy Low Fat Banana Nut Oatmeal Cookies (SkinnyTaste)
- Banana Bread Overnight Oatmeal (HungryGirl)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Muffins (DrizzleMeSkinny)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!