Originally Posted 9/2012; Updated 9/2015
As soon as I saw this recipe for Weight Watchers chocolate chip cookies with salted peanuts from the Weight Watchers PointsPlus Best Darn Food Ever Cookbook (140 Comfort Classics), I knew I had to try them.
I can’t imagine life without a warm-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookie (or two) every now and again.
The good news is that when you follow the Weight Watchers Program, it’s possible to indulge in cookies and still lose weight and keep it off.
The Skinny on Weight Watchers Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipes, like this one for Weight Watchers chocolate chip cookies with salted peanuts from the Weight Watchers PointsPlus Best Darn Food Ever Cookbook (140 Comfort Classics) are part of the secret.
This recipe turns out 24 crunchy chocolate chip cookies with just 2 PointsPlus each.
With fewer chocolate chips and less butter than traditional chocolate chip cookies, these Weight Watchers Chocolate Chip Cookies are lower in calories and fat, but you’d never guess it. (Using mini chocolate chips helps distribute chocolate goodness more evenly so you get more with less.)
Of course, you don’t need to use salted peanuts. Substitute whatever nut you like best or skip them altogether.
When you’re in need of a sweet treat, why not whip up a batch of these Weight Watchers Chocolate Chip Cookies with Salted Peanuts and watch how quickly they disappear. At least they did around here 🙂
According to my calculations each cookie has 90 calories and 2* Weight Watchers PointsPlus. I was happy to see that these only increased to 3* WW SmartPoints!!
- 2 tablespoons oat flour*
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup mini-chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped salted roasted peanuts
- Position your oven rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Coat 2 large baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray or line them with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the cooled melted butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the flour mixture into the butter mixture just until blended.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Stir the remaining chocolate chips and peanuts into the cookie dough.
- Divide the dough evenly into 24 portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Place the balls of cookie dough on the prepared cookie sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- With the bottom of a glass, press each ball to form a ⅜-inch thick cookie.
- Sprinkle each cookie evenly with the reserved chocolate chip-chopped peanut mixture, pressing lightly so it sticks.
- Bake the cookies, one cookie sheet at a time, in the center of the oven, until the edges are lightly browned, 9-11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the baking sheets on wire racks, allowing the cookies to cool in the pan for about 1 minute. Then, with a spatula, transfer the cookies to the racks and let them cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
*To make oat flour, process quick cooking oats (about ½ cup) in a food processor until finely ground and the consistency of flour.
I thought these cookies were the best the day they were made. To bring them back to that warm-from-the-oven taste, microwave them for 5-10 seconds and enjoy, being careful not to burn yourself as the melted chocolate chips can be hot!
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Links to More Great Weight Watchers Recipes for Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 15 Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
- Healthy Banana Cookies with Oats and Chocolate Chips
- Low Fat Skinny M&M Cookies
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies (Weight Watchers)
- Skinny Chocolate Chip Cookies (Eat Yourself Skinny)
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (Emily Bites)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.