WW Recipe of the Day: Chocolate Chip Cookies with Salted Peanuts
(90 calories | *4 WW SmartPoints)
As soon as I saw this recipe for Weight Watchers chocolate chip cookies with salted peanuts from the Weight Watchers PointsPlus Best Darn Food Ever Cookbook (140 Comfort Classics), I knew I had to try them.
I can’t imagine life without a warm-from-the-oven chocolate chip cookie (or two) every now and again. Can you?
The good news is that when you follow the Weight Watchers Program, it’s possible to indulge in cookies and still lose weight and keep it off.
The Skinny on Weight Watchers Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipes, like this one for Weight Watchers chocolate chip cookies with salted peanuts from the WW PointsPlus Best Darn Food Ever Cookbook are part of the secret.
This recipe turns out 24 crunchy chocolate chip cookies with 90 calories each.
With fewer chocolate chips and less butter than traditional chocolate chip cookies, these WW Chocolate Chip Cookies are lower in calories and fat, but you’d never guess it.
Using mini chocolate chips helps distribute chocolate goodness more evenly, so you get more with less.
Of course, you don’t need to use salted peanuts. Substitute whatever nut you like best or skip them altogether.
When you’re in need of a sweet treat, why not whip up a batch of these WW Salted Peanut Chocolate Chip Cookies and watch how quickly they disappear. At least they did around here 🙂
According to my calculations, each cookie has 90 calories and *2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
Salted Peanut Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Notes
I thought these cookies were the best the day they were made.
To bring them back to that warm-from-the-oven taste, microwave them for 5-10 seconds and enjoy, being careful not to burn yourself as the melted chocolate chips can be hot!
If you like these lightened up chocolate chip cookies, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly cookie recipes including: Skinny Holiday M&M Cookies, Skinny S’mores Cookies, WW Trail Mix Cookies, 4-Ingredient Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies and Low-Fat Soft & Chewy M&M Cookies
If you’ve made these Salted Peanut Chocolate Chip Cookies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked them.
Weight Watchers Chocolate Chip Cookies with Salted Peanuts
- 2 tablespoons oat flour**
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini-chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped salted roasted peanuts
- Position your oven rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Coat 2 large baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray or line them with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the cooled melted butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla with a wooden spoon until smooth and creamy.
- Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture just until blended.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Stir the remaining chocolate chips and peanuts into the cookie dough.
- Divide the dough evenly into 24 portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Place the balls of cookie dough on the prepared cookie sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- With the bottom of a glass, press each ball to form a 3/8-inch thick cookie.
- Sprinkle each cookie evenly with the reserved chocolate chip-chopped peanut mixture, pressing lightly so it sticks.
- Bake the cookies, one cookie sheet at a time, in the center of the oven, until the edges are lightly browned, 9-11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the baking sheets on wire racks, allowing the cookies to cool in the pan for about 1 minute. Then, with a spatula, transfer the cookies to the racks and let them cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Source: Weight Watchers PointsPlus Best Darn Food Ever Cookbook (140 Comfort Classics)
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
This Weight Watchers video shows how easy it is to make your own chocolate chip blondies at home:
Links to More Great Weight Watchers Recipes for Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Banana Cookies (DrizzleMeSkinny)
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (SkinnyTaste)
- Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie (SkinnyTaste)
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (DrizzleMeSkinny)
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (Emily Bites)
Watch how to make easy healthy chocolate chip cookies with a twist:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!