WW Recipe of the Day: 4-Ingredient Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
As soon as I saw this recipe for Easiest-Ever Peanut Butter Cookies, in a recent issue of Woman's Day, I knew I had to give them a try.
What got my attention?
Well, first the name - I'm all about easy, so "Easiest Ever" always piques my interest.
These quick and easy flourless cookies, have only 4 ingredients...
Then there was their size - little button-sized cookies with just 33 calories - perfect for Weight Watchers sized sweet treats!
Actually, when compared to the cookies we ate a few decades ago, they're normal sized - about 1 to 1-½ inches. It's just that they look small when compared to the giant cookies, now 3 to 4 times bigger, that you see everywhere these days.
The Skinny on 4-Ingredient Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
If you're interested in learning more about how portions have exploded check out The Portion Teller: Smartsize Your Way to Permanent Weight Loss by Lisa Young.
In it she explains how portions are enormous compared to what the government defines as a standard serving size and also when compared to what Americans ate thirty years ago.
I found it fascinating!
Finally, they're made with real peanut butter, one of my favorite foods.
My intuition was right.
This is a winning cookie recipe, making a small batch of
little normal-size cookies, perfect for sharing or packing in little pre-portioned zipper bags for the freezer.
They are not too soft, not too sweet, simple and adorable.
I used a tiny little cookie scoop and got 48 cookies, instead of 60, so will make them even smaller next time.
I made half the batch plain and added a few miniature chocolate chips to the remaining half, to give them polka-dots!
Next time I plan on adding a few finely chopped peanuts for added crunch.
How Many Calories/WW Points in these litte 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies?
According to my calculations, each cookie has about 33 calories and:
1 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
1 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Peanut Butter Cookie Baking Tips
I used a tiny little ice cream scoop and then flattened the cookie mounds down a bit before baking. I ended up with 48 little cookies and will make them even smaller next time.
Next time I will add a small amount of finely chopped peanuts for extra crunch. You could get the same effect by using crunchy peanut butter.
If you like these easiest-ever 4-ingredient peanut butter cookies, be sure to check out some of my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly cookie recipes including Easy No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls, 4-Ingredient No-Bake "Brownies", No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies, Skinny S'mores Cookies and Easy Orangesicle Cookie Mix Cookies
If you've made these Peanut Butter Button Cookies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Button Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- Position an oven rack in the center of your oven and then preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- In a large bowl, beat the peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, and baking soda together with an electric mixer on medium, until well blended.
- Drop level teaspoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 1-½ inches apart. (This is a small amount since you want enough for 60 cookies.)
- Bake until the cookies are puffed and starting to lightly brown around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheets placed on wire cooling racks for 5 minutes. Then transfer the cookies directly to the wire racks to cool completely.
Source: Woman's Day magazine
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More WW Friendly Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes
- No-Bake Apple Peanut Butter Cookies (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Chocolate Drizzled Peanut Butter Cookies (DrizzleMeSkinny)
- PB & J Healthy Oatmeal Cookies (SkinnyTaste)
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies (LaaLoosh)
- Grain-Gree No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies (DashingDish)
- 3-Ingredient Almond Butter Cookies (SkinnyTaste)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Banana Cookies (DrizzleMeSkinny)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!