Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls
Looking for a simple sweet treat you can feel good about indulging in this holiday season?
These no-bake treats are super-simple to make and taste a lot like peanut butter cookie dough. But their hiding a secret healthy ingredient: pureed chickpeas (aka Garbanzo beans). I must admit it sounds a little strange to make a sweet peanut buttery cookie dough treat with chickpeas, but you really cannot taste them. And they provide a wonderful creamy texture with minimal calories.
I was pleasantly surprised and can imagine whipping up a quick batch any time I have a peanut butter cookie craving, but don’t feel like baking cookies.
You only need about 15 minutes to get them ready, but the dough will need to chill for about an hour – so be sure to plan ahead.
Can't Decide What To Cook After A Long Day?
Weekly Meal Plans + Shopping Lists = Healthier, Happier You!
Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy allows you to create custom healthy meal plans with WW SmartPoints that fit your family size, schedule, and most importantly taste delicious.
The Skinny on No-Bake Peanut Buttery Cookie Dough Balls
Each individual bite only has about 32 calories and 1* Weight Watchers Points Plus, 1 SmartPoint
While I love this combination with peanut butter and peanut butter chips, I think I’ll make them next time by substituting in mini chocolate chips. Then I’ll have some no-bake peanut buttery chocolate chip cookie dough balls 🙂
- ¾ cup canned chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon low-fat cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter chips
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Add chickpeas, peanut butter, brown sugar, low-fat cream cheese, vanilla, salt and baking soda to you food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Add flour along with peanut butter chips and pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate dough at least 1 hour, until well chilled.
- When ready to roll cookie dough balls, sift together cocoa powder and powdered sugar in a small bowl and set aside half the mixture.
- Scoop dough with a melon baller and gently roll into a firm, small ball. Roll ball in half the cocoa powder and powdered sugar mixture until evenly coated.
- Continue rolling balls with remaining dough.
- Chill until ready to serve. Before serving, dust with remaining cocoa and powdered sugar mixture.
Source: Weight Watchers Magazine Nov/Dec 2014
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
- Easy Healthy 4-Ingredient No Bake “Brownies”
- 35+ Easy Sweet Treats with 3 SmartPoints or Less
- 3-2-1 Microwave Mug Cake
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Skinny Holiday M&M Cookies
- Healthy Chocolate Coconut Almond Truffles
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.