WW Recipe of the Day: No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls
Looking for a simple sweet treat you can feel good about indulging in this holiday season?
These no-bake treats are super-simple to make and taste a lot like peanut butter cookie dough.
But they're hiding a secret healthy ingredient: pureed chickpeas (aka Garbanzo beans).
I must admit it sounds a little strange to make a sweet, peanut buttery cookie dough treat with chickpeas, but you really cannot taste them.
And they provide a wonderful creamy texture with minimal calories.
I was pleasantly surprised and can imagine whipping up a quick batch any time I have a peanut butter cookie craving, but don't feel like baking cookies.
You only need about 15 minutes to get them ready, but the dough will need to chill for about an hour - so be sure to plan ahead.
How Many Calories and WW Points in Peanut Buttery No-Bake Cookie Dough Balls
Each individual bite only has about 32 calories and:
1 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
1 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
1 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
While I love this combination with peanut butter and peanut butter chips, I think I'll make them next time by substituting in mini chocolate chips. Then I'll have some no-bake peanut buttery chocolate chip cookie dough balls 🙂
If you like these no-bake peanut butter cookie dough balls, be sure to check out some of my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes for sweets including WW No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares, No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits, Easy No-Bake "Brownies", No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies and Easy Baked S'mores Bites
If you've made this Peanut Buttery Cookie Dough Bites, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
No-Bake Peanut Buttery Cookie Dough Balls Recipe
- ¾ cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon low-fat cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter chips
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Add chickpeas, peanut butter, brown sugar, low-fat cream cheese, vanilla, salt and baking soda to you food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Add flour along with peanut butter chips and pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate dough at least 1 hour, until well chilled.
- When ready to roll cookie dough balls, sift together cocoa powder and powdered sugar in a small bowl and set aside half the mixture.
- Scoop dough with a melon baller and gently roll into a firm, small ball. Roll ball in half the cocoa powder and powdered sugar mixture until evenly coated.
- Continue rolling balls with remaining dough.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Before serving, dust with remaining cocoa and powdered sugar mixture.
Source: Weight Watchers Magazine Nov/Dec 2014
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch how to make healthy no-bake peanut butter energy bites with chocolate chips:
More Healthy Sweet Treats for WW:
- Easy Healthy 4-Ingredient No Bake "Brownies"
- 35+ Easy Sweet Treats with 3 SmartPoints or Less
- 3-2-1 Microwave Mug Cake
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Skinny Holiday M&M Cookies
- Healthy Chocolate Coconut Almond Truffles
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!