WW Recipe of the Day: No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
Here's a fun treat for when you're craving something sweet, crunchy, chewy and chocolaty.
It's one of those easy Weight Watchers recipes that the whole family is sure to love.
These easy Weight Watchers No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares are a variation on one of my favorite crispy, chewy, no-bake sweet treats: Rice Krispie Treats.
I whipped up a batch recently when I wanted an indulgence that didn't require turning on the oven.
Just reading through the ingredient list: popcorn, crisp cereal, peanuts, marshmallow, chocolate and peanut butter - I knew I'd love them.
I was right!!
Chocolate and peanut butter is one of my favorite flavor combinations of all time. These chocolate peanut butter squares are sure to be a hit with everyone, especially kids.
Be forewarned: these are addictive, so plan to share them if you're easily tempted by sweets hanging around the house the way I am!
One of my best weight management strategies is to NOT keep offenders and temptations on hand.
Working from home would be way too dangerous if I could grab a sweet treat from the cupboard every time it crossed my mind.
Having to go to the effort to make something from scratch when I want it is one of the strategies I use to keep myself in check.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Squares
I spied the recipe for these squares in Weight Watchers Best-Ever Desserts: 150 Cakes, Pies, Cookies, Bars, Breads and Tarts cookbook and pretty much stuck to the recipe as written.
It calls for marshmallow creme, which I happened to have in the pantry. But you could easily substitute mini marshmallows (8 to 10 ounces), and increase the cooking time until they melt.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these No-Bake Squares?
According to my calculations each little square has 87 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you like these easy, no bake peanut butter chocolate cookie bars, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies, Maple Cranberry Crunch No-Bake Cereal Bars, No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites, Skinny Baked S'mores and Peanut Butter Oat Cookie Bars
If you've made this Peanut Butter Chocolate Squares, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
East No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
- 2 cups air-popped plain popcorn
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups circle oat cereal (I used Cheerios)
- ⅓ cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 jar (7-½ ounces) marshmallow creme
- ¼ cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with foil, allowing the foil to extend over the rim of the pan by 2 inches. to make removal easy. Spray the foil with non-stick spray.
- In a very large bowl, combine the popcorn, rice cereal, oat cereal and peanuts.
- Put the butter and chocolate in a large non-stick skillet and set over low heat. Cook, stirring until melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat; add the marshmallow creme, peanut butter, cocoa powder and vanilla. Return the skillet to the heat and cook, stirring until well blended and hot, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Scrape the marshmallow mixture on top of the cereal mixture. With a rubber spatula, stir vigorously until the cereal mixture is evenly coated.
- Scrape into the baking pan.
- Spray your hands with non-stick spray and then press down firmly on the mixture to form an even layer.
- Refrigerate until completely cool and set.
- Lift from the pan using the foil as handles. With a serrated knife lightly sprayed with nonstick spray, cut into 24 squares.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator to keep them firm.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
This video demonstrates how to make healthy no-bake chocolate peanut butter oat bars:
More Yummy Weight Watchers No-Bake Cookie Recipes
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars (RecipeDiaries)
- Skinny No-Bake Cookies (SkinnyTaste)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Almond No Bake Cookies (DrizzleMeSkinny)
- Healthy No-Bake Maple Cookies (Vegan) (Cookin'Canuck)
- No Bake Apple Peanut Butter Cookies (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Nutella No-Bake Cookies (DrizzleMeSkinny)
Watch how easy it is to make another type of no-bake treat—your own no-bake peanut butter & chocolate chip granola bars:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!