Here’s a fun treat for when you’re craving something sweet, crunchy, chewy and chocolaty.
It’s one of those Weight Watchers recipes that the whole family is sure to love.
These easy Weight Watchers No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares are a variation on one of my favorite crispy, chewy, no-bake sweet treats: Rice Krispie Treats.
I whipped up a batch recently when I wanted an indulgence that didn’t require turning on the oven.
Just reading through the ingredient list: popcorn, crisp cereal, peanuts, marshmallow, chocolate and peanut butter – I knew I’d love them.
For A Limited Time:
Enjoy 25% off your meal plan subscription when you subscribe today!
I was right!!
Chocolate and peanut butter is one of my favorite flavor combinations of all time. These chocolate peanut butter squares are sure to be a hit with everyone, especially kids.
Be forewarned: these are addictive, so plan to share them if you’re easily tempted by sweets hanging around the house the way I am!
One of my best weight management strategies is to NOT keep offenders and temptations on hand.
Working from home would be way too dangerous if I could grab a sweet treat from the cupboard every time it crossed my mind.
Having to go to the effort to make something from scratch when I want it is one of the strategies I use to keep myself in check.
(eCourse + eBook)
(eCourse + eBook)
Skinny on Weight Watchers Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
I spied the recipe for these squares in Weight Watchers Best-Ever Desserts cookbook and pretty much stuck to the recipe as written.
It calls for marshmallow creme, which I happened to have in the pantry. But you could easily substitute mini marshmallows (8 to 10 ounces), and increase the cooking time until they melt.
According to my calculations each little square has 87 calories and 2* Weight Watchers Points Plus.
- 2 cups popped plain popcorn
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups circle oat cereal
- ⅓ cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marshmallow creme
- ¼ cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with foil, allowing the foil to extend over the rim of the pan by 2 inches. to make removal easy. Spray the foil with nonstick spray.
- In a very large bowl, combine the popcorn, rice cereal, oat cereal and peanuts.
- Put the butter and chocolate in a large nonstick skillet and set over low heat. Cook, stirring until melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat; add the marshmallow creme, peanut butter, cocoa powder and vanilla. Return the skillet to the heat and cook, stirring until well blended and hot, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Scrape the marshmallow mixture on top of the cereal mixture. With a rubber spatula, stir vigorously until the cereal mixture is evenly coated.
- Scrape into the baking pan.
- Spray your hands with nonstick spray and then press down firmly on the mixture to form an even layer.
- Refrigerate until completely cool and set.
- Lift from the pan using the foil as handles. With a serrated knife lightly sprayed with nonstick spray, cut into 24 squares.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator to keep them firm.
Source: Weight Watchers Best-Ever Desserts : 150 Cakes, Pies, Cookies, Bars, Breads & Tarts
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Yummy Weight Watchers Recipes for Sweet Treats:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.