These low fat Rice Krispie Treats taste just like the good old Rice Krispie Treats you make on the stove top.
The real "treat" is that there's a lot less mess!
And these crispy treats don't need your undivided attention to prevent scorching, either - since they are made in a crock pot!
This will be my go-to way to make Rice Krispie treats from now on.
One of my Nana's favorite things to make, she would have loved how easy these Crock Pot Rice Krispie Treats are to make too.
And they are relatively Weight Watchers Friendly as sweet treats go.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Slow Cooker Dessert?
According to my calculations, each Rice Krispie Bar has 153 calories and
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made these low fat Slow Cooked Rice Krispie Treats, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Low Fat Crock Pot Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows or 40 large marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Place the butter in your slow cooker. Add the marshmallows and then the cereal.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for one hour.
- Stir well. If the marshmallows are not fully melted, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes longer until the marshmallows are fully melted.
- Coat a 9 x 13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Tansfer the mixture from the slow cooker to the prepared pan
- Press the mixture firmly into the pan with a buttered spatula or a slighly damp hand.
- Let cool and cut into 12 bars.
Source: Slow Cooking All Year 'Round: More than 225 of our favorite recipes for the slow cooker, plus time-saving tricks & tips for everyone's favorite kitchen helper! (affiliate link) by Gooseberry Patch
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.This video shows another easy way to make rice krispie treats in your slow cooker:
If you like these slow cooker rice krispie treats, you might also like:
- 5 Favorite Easy No Bake Cookie Recipes
- Maple Cranberry Crunch No Bake Cereal Bars
- Rice Krispie Date Balls
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!