WW Recipe of the Day: No-Bake Chocolate Raisin Bran Squares
5 common ingredients are all you need to make these delicious no-bake chocolate raisin bran bars. They are a heartier interpretation of everyone's favorite Rice Krispy Treats!
Made on the stove top, you only need a few minutes to melt the marshmallow, mix the ingredients and assemble them in the pan. Then comes the hard part—waiting for them to cool! Once cooled and set, you can slice and enjoy.
How Many Calories and WW Points in these No-Bake Chocolate Raisin Bran Dessert Bars?
According to my calculations, each serving has 101 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
How to Make No-Bake Chocolate Raisin Bran Squares
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
Step 3: In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
Step 4: Add the marshmallows and stir until melted.
Step 5: Remove pan from the heat and stir in the vinegar.
Step 6: Add the raisin bran and mini chocolate chips
and stir until chocolate chips are completed melted and cereal is coated with the marshmallow chocolate mixture.
Step 7: Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and press into an even layer.
Step 8: Let cool (for at least 30 minutes) before cutting into 36 bars.
Step 9: Store any leftover cereal bars in an airtight container.
You might be thinking it a little strange to be including apple cider vinegar when making these dessert squares. But the recipe only requires a tiny amount and you won't want to skip it because the cider vinegar slightly cuts the overall sweetness and really brings out the flavor of the raisins.
And who can deny the special flavor combination of chocolate and chewy raisins?
If your cereal flakes are on the large side, you can crush them slightly before stirring into the melted marshmallow. I left them whole as we prefer the larger crunchy flakes.
Enjoy these squares at room temperature or chilled from the refrigerator. They would make a nice accompaniment to a fresh fruit platter or bowl of berries.
If you've made these No-Bake Chocolate Raisin Bran Treats, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
No-Bake Chocolate Raisin Bran Squares
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 bag (10 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 6 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove pan from the heat and stir in the vinegar.
- Add the raisin bran and mini chocolate chips and stir until chocolate chips are completed melted and cereal is coated with the marshmallow chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and press into an even layer.
- Let cool (for at least 30 minutes) before cutting into 36 bars.
- Store any leftover cereal bars in an airtight container.
Recipe source: Homemade in a Hurry: More than 300 Shortcut Recipes for Delicious Home Cooked Meals by Andrew Schloss
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like these 5-Ingredient No-Bake Raisin Bran Chocolate "Brownies", you might also like
- Slow Cooker Rice Krispie Treats
- No-Bake Rice Crispy Date Balls
- Single Serving Rice Krispies Mug Treat
- Maple Cranberry Crunch Cereal Bars
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!