WW Recipe of the Day: No-Bake Rice Krispie Date Balls
These crispy rice date balls are delicious no-bake cookies.
I mixed up a batch of these deliciously simple Rice Krispie date balls as a gift for my favorite hairstylist, replacing the eggs with 1/4 cup of margarine, to make them Vegan friendly.
These rice krispie date balls date back to my childhood when my best friend’s mom would make them every year for Christmas.
She rolled her no bake cookies in coconut, but I opted to stir it in with the cereal since I was short on time.
The Skinny on No-Bake Rice Krispie Date Balls
Either way, you are rewarded with delicious quick and easy no bake date cookies, that can satisfy your sweet tooth without blowing the calorie/Points bank 🙂
If you are a fan of nuts, you could always stir in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, just adjust the Points value accordingly.
According to my calculations, each bite-sized date ball has about 57 calories, *2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Rice Krispie Date Balls Recipe Variations:
- Coconut Coated Rice Krispie Date Balls: Instead of stirring coconut into the mixture, place it in a shallow dish and roll the Rice Krispie date balls in the coconut to coat them.
- Vegan Rice Krispie Date Balls: Substitute the eggs with 1/4 cup margarine.
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made these Rice Krispie Date Balls, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked them.
Rice Krispie Date Balls Recipe
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped pitted dates (don't use already chopped dates)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- In a large cold skillet, combine the brown sugar, dates, and eggs. Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture becomes a thick paste.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla, cereal, and coconut until well combined.
- Let cool slightly, then when cool enough to handle, squeeze and roll the mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and refrigerate until chilled. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Source: This recipe for Rice Krispie Date Balls is adapted from No Bake Cookies: More than 150 Fun, Easy and Delicious Recipes for Cookies, Bars, and Other Cool Treats Made Without Baking by Camilla Saulsbury – one of my favorite cookbook authors.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like these no-bake rice krispie date bites, you might also like:
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Crock Pot Rice Krispie Treats
- 5 Favorite Easy No Bake Cookies
- Cranberry Caramel Slow Cooker Cookie Bars
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!