No bake cookies are the ultimate quick and easy cookies that are sure to please. They are perfect for busy home cooks who love to make homemade cookies but are short on time. There are so many reasons to love them.
No bake cookies:
- Are quick and easy, stirring together in just a few minutes
- Require just a few ingredients
- Don’t require an oven or special equipment
- Are a great way to introduce kids to the joys of cookie making
There are many no bake cookie recipes to choose from, both old and new, in a variety of flavors and styles from light and fruity to rich and decadent. I’ve been having fun recently re-connecting with many of my favorite no bake cookies from the past and making some new discoveries.
What exactly are no bake cookies? The best definition I’ve read is from the The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion: The Essential Cookie Cookbook, which describes them as crispy, crunchy ingredients combined with sticky, gooey ingredients. They are often then dropped on to wax paper, shaped into balls, formed into logs that are sliced, or pressed into a pan.
Another category of no bake cookies include creamy no bake bars that contain cream cheese and/or gelatin.
Many of my favorite no bake cookie recipes have been around for years. Rice Krispie treats are a classic example of no bake cookies that have stood the test of time.
The original crispy rice treats was developed in 1939 by the folks at Kellogg’s and the recipe published two years later. You may have fond memories of making or eating these chewy, crunchy, sweet cookie bars back when you were a kid.
The next time you need a fun project for your kids or grandkids, consider turning to no bake cookies. You’ll be teaching them important cooking skills in addition to creating sweet memories they will cherish for a lifetime.
Here are Links to My Ten Favorite No Bake Cookie Recipes:
- Rice Krispies Treats – The original recipe with several options for variation as found at Best-Ever-Cookie-Collection.com
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Drop Cookies – A long time favorite that has been around for decades made with cocoa, butter, milk, peanut butter and oats. My version calls for less sugar. If you prefer your cookies really sweet, check out this version from The Brown Eyed Baker.
- Rice Krispies Date Balls – Another long standing favorite that I’ve enjoyed for decades made with crisp rice cereal, coconut, and dates.
- Rum Balls – A holiday staple that was very popular back in the 1960s and continues to have its dedicated fans. This version comes from The Joy of Baking.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars – The classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate in a super easy no bake cookie bar. Recipe located at Best-Ever-Cookie-Collection.com and is adapted from Tate’s Bake Shop Cookbook: The Best Recipes from Southampton’s Favorite Bakery for Homestyle Cookies, Cakes, Pies, Muffins, and Breads
- Club Cracker No Bake Cookie Bars – Another sentimental favorite from my 92-year-old grandmother for delicious homemade chocolate frosted toffee bars made with club crackers and graham cracker crumbs.
- Chocolate Scotcheroos – Sweet, crunchy and delicious cereal bars from the side of the Rice Krispies box from the folks at Kelloggs. Or check out this variation for Triple Chocolate Scotcheroos from David Lebovitz.
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Bars – Simple fresh blueberry topped no bake cheesecake bars from Mark Bittman that make for a perfect summertime treat.
- No Bake Nutella Cookies – Simple crispy no bake drop cookies made special with Nutella and hazelnuts from Best-Ever-Cookie-Collection.com.
- Maple Cranberry Crunch Cereal Bars – All my favorite flavors in a quick and easy no bake cookie bars recipe.
You might also like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!