(Weight Watchers Crock Pot Cooking Day 72)
I’ve been a big fan of Cookie Swaps for as long as I can remember.
To participate, I made a $4.00 donation to Cookies for Kid’s Cancer, a non-profit organization that raises money for pediatric cancer research. As a Thank You, OXO sent me 3 colorful heat resistant spatulas.
I sent each of them a dozen of my homemade Cranberry Caramel Slow Cooker Cookie Bars, an easy and delicious no bake cookie, for which I used my slow cooker to melt the caramel.
In return, I received a dozen cookies each from three other food bloggers. Chocolate Chip Cookies from Cristina of Cupcake and Bacon, Molasses Cookies from Chelsea of This Grand Adventure, and Dark Chocolate Sour Cream Crinkle Cookies from Stacie of The Divine Miss Mommy.
How fun is that?
It took me a while to choose these Cranberry Caramel Slow Cooker Cookie Bars as the cookies I should share. I knew I wanted a recipe for which I could use the slow cooker, that would travel well and taste great.
So I turned to Camilla Saulsbury’s The Ultimate Shortcut Cookie Book: More Than 800 Scrumptious Recipes that Start with Refrigerated Cookie Dough, Cake Mix, Brownie Mix, or Ready-to-Eat Cereal , selecting these cranberry caramel slow cooker cookie bars from dozens that I thought would work.
The perfect combination of sweet, chewy, tart and crunchy, Rod gave them an enthusiastic endorsement. My mom and sister approved too.
And melting the caramel in the slow cooker made these cranberry caramel slow cooker cookie bars such a breeze to make.
- 1 package 11 ounces caramels, unwrapped (I used the caramel bits that don't need unwrapping!)
- 1/2 cup butter cut into pieces
- 1-1/2 sleeves saltine crackers about 58, coarsely broken
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped roasted, lightly salted almonds, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Place the unwrapped caramels and butter in your slow cooker. (I used my 2-Quart.) Cover and cook on low 2 to 3 hours, until melted, stirring every 20 to 30 minutes.
- Lightly coat a 13 x 9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the broken crackers, white chocolate chips, marshmallows, cranberries and half of the chopped almonds. Set aside.
- When the caramels are melted and the mixture is well blended, stir in the almond extract. Pour the warm caramel mixture over the cracker mixture and toss to coat well.
- Working quickly, press the mixture into the prepared pan, pressing down with a square of wax paper.
- Sprinkle evenly with the reserved chopped almonds, pressing them down gently.
- Cover and refrigerate until completely, cooled, about 30 minutes.
- Cut into 36 bars.
- Store in covered containers between layers of wax paper.
Nutrition Estimates Per Serving (1 bar): 181 calories, 8 g fat, 24 g carbs, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein and *5 Points Plus
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.More Yummy Cranberry Recipes for Weight Watchers:
- Skinny Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Banana Cranberry Muffins
- Cranberry Ginger Oatmeal Cookies
- Easy Cranberry Nut Bread Made in the Slow Cooker
- Cranberry White Chocolate Crock Pot Cookie Bars
- Low Fat Cranberry Walnut Rugalach
- Low Fat Mini Cranberry Nut Bread Loaves
- Skinny Cranberry Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Low Fat Pumpkin Cranberry Scones
- Skinny Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Banana Cranberry Bread
- Lemon Cranberry Scones
- Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti
- Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Cranberry Orange Cornmeal Muffins
- Skinny Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake Squares
- Merry Cranberry Pear Tarts
- Skinny Morning Maple Cranberry Bars
- Dark Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!