Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Low Fat Cranberry Pumpkin Scones
Fresh baked still warm-from-the-oven low-fat cranberry-pumpkin scones make a perfect Autumn Sunday morning breakfast treat, especially if you're a scone lover, which I am.
The recipe for these low-fat cranberry studded pumpkin scones - from Weight Watchers' I Love Leftovers: 175+ Delicious Recipes to Serve Now or Later cookbook - has been sitting on my counter for weeks waiting for me to get around to baking up a batch, which I finally did yesterday morning.
I love Weight Watchers cookbooks. It's so much easier when you have the nutritional information and/or Points values all figured out for you and the recipes usually exceed my expectations when it comes to taste.
And the verdict?
This recipe is another winner.
The scones turned out light, moist and delicious.
The only change I made was to substitute buttermilk for the low-fat milk called for.
How Many Calories and Weight Watchers Points in Low Fat Pumpkin Cranberry Scones?
According to my calculations each scone has 164 calories and
7 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
7 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made this Cranberry Pumpkin Scones, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Low Fat Cranberry-Pumpkin Scones Recipe
- 2-½ cups white whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons very cold butter, cut into small bits
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon, low-fat (1%) milk (I used ¼ cup buttermilk and 1 tablespoon coconut milk instead)
- 1 tablespoons raw, turbinado sugar for sprinkling on top
- Position an oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 400F degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and ginger.
- Add the small bits of butter to the flour mixture and toss to coat the pieces of butter with flour. Rub the butter into the mixture with your fingertips until the mixture appears crumbly.
- Add the pumpkin puree, egg, cranberries and ¼ cup milk and stir just until moistened.
- Lightly flour a work surface. Scrape the the dough out onto the floured surface and knead lightly. Divide the dough in half and pat each half into a 6-inch disk.
- Cut each disk into 6 even wedges. Transfer the wedges onto the prepared baking sheet. Brush the top of each scone with the remaining 1 tablespoon milk and sprinkle evenly with the raw sugar.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the centers of the scones comes out clean, about 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the scones to a wire rack to cool 5 minutes. Serve warm.
- Let the scones cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Source Weight Watchers' I Love Leftovers: 175+ Delicious Recipes to Serve Now or Later cookbook
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Healthy Pumpkin Recipes for Weight Watchers
- How to Make Pressure Cooker Pumpkin Puree
- Healthy Low Fat Pumpkin Bread, Muffin and Scones Recipe Roundup
- Easy Healthy Low Fat Pumpkin Cake Recipe Roundup
- Healthy Low Fat Pumpkin Cookie Recipe Roundup
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Recipe Roundup
- 3 Favorite Pumpkin Bread Recipes Lightened Up
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!