WW Recipe Roundup: Low-Fat, Low-Calorie Pumpkin Cake Recipes
(167 calories | 6 5 5 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I’ve got a great collection of lighter, healthier pumpkin cake recipes here for you – both from my recipe files and around the web.
Some use spice cake mix or yellow cake mix to keep it easy; others are made from scratch.
Skinny on Easy Healthy Low Fat Pumpkin Cake Recipes
A cup of canned pumpkin is an easy healthy addition to just about any cake recipe – including Bundt cakes, layer cakes, loaf cakes, roll cakes, cheesecakes and cupcakes.
Substituting pumpkin for some of the butter, or oil, in your favorite cake recipe lets you lower the calories and fat content while providing a healthy dose of beta carotene, fiber, vitamin C and iron.
It’s a simple way to make your cakes lighter and healthier.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Low Fat Pumpkin Cake?
According to my calculations, each serving has 167 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Low-Fat Pumpkin Spice Cake Recipe Variations
To turn this into pumpkin chocolate chip cake, add 1 cup miniature chocolate chips to the batter before baking.
This would also be delicious with a simple glaze of 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar and 1 tablespoon apple cider.
If you’ve made this Low Fat Pumpkin Spice Cake, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Low-Fat Pumpkin Spice Cake Recipe
- Nonstick cooking spray, for coating the cake pan
- Flour for dusting the cake pan
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) spice cake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Confectioners sugar for dusting on top
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Lightly mist a 12-cup Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and then dust it with flour.
- Place the cake mix, pumpkin, oil, water, eggs and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until the ingredients are blended together, about 30 seconds.
- Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Beat the mixture on medium speed for another 1 - 2 minutes longer, until the batter is smooth and thick.
- Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan and smooth out the top with the rubber spatula.
- Bake the cake until the top springs back when you press it lightly with a finger, 42 to 48 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Run a long, sharp knife around the edges of the cake and shake the pan gently to loosen it. Invert the cake onto a wire rack.
- Let the cake cool completely, about 30 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar or drizzle with a little caramel sauce, if desired
More Weight Watchers Pumpkin Cakes with Weight WatchersPoints
- Low Fat Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake
An easy, healthy, low fat pumpkin coffee cake with streusel topping that bakes up light and delicious.
- Light & Healthy Pumpkin Roll Cake
Pumpkin keeps this cake moist and replaces the oil found in a typical layer cake; so you’re getting vitamins, not fat – only 182 calories. Serve this one up and your guests will rave…and no one has to know just how easy it was! Found at Taste of Home .
- Pumpkin Orange Layer Cake
A from scratch pumpkin layer cake with cream cheese icing adorned with mandarin oranges that is sure to impress your family and friends. A special occasion cake made lighter from Cooking Light found at MyRecipes.
- Pumpkin Angel Food Cake
The pumpkin spice works in angel food cake because on its own, angel food cake doesn’t have a lot of flavor. I thought this was great served with a little whipped cream and a coffee. One slice of cake (without whipped cream) is only 92 calories – found at SnackGirl.
- Low-Fat Starbucks Pumpkin Pound Cake Copycat
A lighter healthier version of pumpkin pound cake loaf found at everyone’s favorite coffee shop. From Allison at Celebrating Sweets.
- Low-Fat Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
Skinny pumpkin cupcakes, perfect for Halloween parties, Thanksgiving or anytime you want a low fat pumpkin treat. This recipe couldn’t be easier. It’s made from a box of Golden Vanilla cake mix, some canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and water. No oil, butter or eggs added and the results were amazing! From Gina at SkinnyTaste.
- Low Calorie No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
Quick + Easy, sweet + creamy with just the right amount of spice, the hardest thing about this easy low calorie no-bake pumpkin cheesecake pie is waiting 3+ hours until it chills and sets up – find it right here at Simple Nourished Living.
- Low-Calorie Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cheesecake
It is possible to have your cheesecake and your skinny jeans too. This creamy and delicious low calorie slow cooker pumpkin cheesecake with less than 200 calories per serving proves it. Get it here on Simple Nourished Living.
- Praline Pumpkin Cake
Take a break from traditional pumpkin pie and complete your Thanksgiving meal with this scrumptious pecan-topped pumpkin cake, a lighter version of pumpkin dump cake made with a cake mix, found at Weight Watchers.
- Glazed Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake
This tender, moist cake uses pureed pumpkin to replace much of the fat and is delicately seasoned with classic Thanksgiving flavors. Only 234 calories found at Eating Well.
- Hungry Girl’s Caramel Pumpkin Pudding Cupcakes
Moist gooey pumpkin cupcakes with caramel drizzle – only 108 calories.
Here’s a video demonstrating how quick & easy these cupcakes are…
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Pumpkin Recipes
- Healthy Low Fat Pumpkin Bread, Muffin and Scone Recipes
- Healthy Low Fat Pumpkin Cookie Recipes
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Recipes
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread
- Skinny Healthy Pumpkin Desserts
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!