Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread
(213 calories | *9 WW SmartPoints)
This healthy slow cooker pumpkin bread is a winner in my book. Made with whole wheat flour, it baked up moist, sweet and delicious.
I adapted it from what is quickly becoming my most used Slow Cooker Cookbook of the moment: Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes by Phyllis Good.
Skinny on Healthy Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread
To make this healthy slow cooker pumpkin bread, a wee bit more WW friendly, I made the following adjustments:
- I decreased the oil just a bit, from 1/3 cup to 1/4 cup.
- Substituted 1/2 cup maple syrup and 1/2 cup brown rice syrup for the honey.
- And cut back a little on the nuts and raisins.
For any recipe that calls for canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling), you could always substitute your own WW friendly fresh pumpkin puree.
Everyone who sampled this healthy slow cooker pumpkin bread really liked it. I think you will too.
According to my calculations, each slice has about 213 calories, *6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *9 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Pumpkin Bread, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Healthy Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup honey, maple syrup or brown rice syrup, or a combination (I used 1/2 cup maple syrup and 1/2 cup brown rice syrup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1-1/2 cups , plus 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour (I used white whole wheat)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Ideal slow cooker size: 6-Quart or larger (make sure your loaf pan fits inside your slow cooker).
- Coat a loaf pan that will fit into your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. (I used an 8x4-inch loaf pan.)
- Create a trivet that will fit into the bottom of your slow cooker. You can make a coil from aluminum foil. Or use several of the metal rings from canning jars.)
- In a medium bowl mix together the oil, honey, eggs, pumpkin, water, raisins and nuts until well blended.
- In a large bowl whisk together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until mixed together.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Place the loaf pan on the trivet in your slow cooker.
- Prop the lid open at one end with a wooden spoon handle or chopstick to let steam escape.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-1/2 to 4 hours, until a tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Carefully, wearing oven mitts, remove the hot loaf pan from the hot crock pot.
- Place the loaf pan on a rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges of the loaf pan and then invert it onto the cooling rack.
- Turn back right side up and wait at least 10 minutes before attempting to slice.
Source: slightly adapted from Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes by Phyllis Good
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this slow cooked pumpkin bread you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Apple Cake
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- 3 Favorite Pumpkin Bread Recipes Lightened Up
Here’s what I used to make this healthy delicious slow cooker pumpkin bread!
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!