Weight Watchers Crock Pot Recipe #235 – Low Calorie Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cheesecake
It is possible to have your cheesecake and your skinny jeans too. This creamy and delicious low calorie slow cooker pumpkin cheesecake with less than 200 calories per serving proves it.
Pumpkin cheesecake is one of my favorite fall indulgences. But the slices served up at most restaurants often have 800 or more calories. So, I set out to make a pumpkin cheesecake that would be sweet and satisfying but a lot lower in fat and calories. And because I’ve had several requests for slow cooker pumpkin cheesecake, I wanted to make it in the crock pot.
Watch How To Make Low Calorie/Low Fat Pumpkin Cheesecake
This low calorie slow cooker pumpkin cheesecake turned out even better than I had hoped. It’s so good I’m planning to make it again for Thanksgiving.
Skinny on Low Calorie Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cheesecake
The slow cooker functions as a water bath, bain-marie, providing a constant humidity to set the cheesecake to creamy perfection. After it’s done you turn off the slow cooker, remove the lid and let it cool for 2 more hours before removing it, wrapping it up and refrigerating it overnight.
The result? A creamy, perfectly set, crack-free cheesecake everyone will love.
According to my calculations each slice has 197 calories and 5 Weight Watchers Points Plus.
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat free cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced fat cream cheese
- ¾ cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup graham cracker crumbs
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 6- or 7-Quart Oval Slow Cooker
- Special equipment: 6 to 8-inch round baking pan or casserole dish (If you use a pan with removable sides and bottom, line the outside with heavy duty foil to prevent water from leaching into the cheesecake and ruining it.)
- You are turning your crockpot into a bain marie, or water bath. Make a trivet for the bottom of your slow cooker from aluminum foil. Loosely roll a large piece of foil (about 20 inches long) into a 1-inch cylinder. Form a ring with the foil measuring about 7 inches in diameter. Fill a 6- to 7-quart slow cooker with ½ inch of water and place the foil ring in the bottom. (Alternatively I use the metal rings from mason jars)
- Make the filling: Beat the cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice with mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in the canned pumpkin until it's well incorporated. Gently beat in eggs, 1 at a time, just until blended.
- Spray the baking pan with nonstick spray and sprinkle the bottom with the graham crumbs. Pour and scrape the pumpkin mixture into the pan and spread it out evenly.
- Gently place the cheesecake on the foil ring in the slow cooker. Layer 2 to 3 long lengths of paper towels towels across the top of the crock pot and set the lid in place. (This prevents condensation from the lid from dripping back into your cheesecake.) Cook on HIGH FOR 2 to 2-1/2 hours hours or until puffed and set but still a bit jiggly in the center. Remove the cover, and paper towels. Turn off the slow cooker, and allow the cheesecake to cool for 2 hours. Remove from the slow cooker, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before slicing into wedges to serve.
More Easy Crock Pot Recipes for Weight Watchers
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.