WW Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot Chai Pumpkin Soup
Looking for a way to use up a cup of pumpkin puree sitting in the fridge, I decided to make a half-batch of this easy slow cooker chai pumpkin soup. I'm so glad I did.
It's adapted from a recipe in Slow Cooker Revolution Volume 2 that caught my eye.
With all this daily use of the crock pot, I'm working to make smaller batches of recipes wherever it seems to make sense and the kitchen math is easy.
Skinny on Easy Chai Crock Pot Pumpkin Soup Recipe Notes
I loved the idea of using a chai tea bag to season this crock pot pumpkin soup. Don't worry it didn't taste like tea at all 🙂
I used my super-duper VitaMix blender to puree it to silkiness.
To make this recipe a little more WW friendly and lower the SmartPoints I used Truvia baking blend in place of brown sugar and fat free half and half in place of cream.
A warming soup perfect for chilly fall days, this easy chai crock pot pumpkin soup would be a nice addition to Thanksgiving dinner too.
It's also easy to make your own Fresh WW Friendly Pumpkin Puree
How Many Calories/ Weight Watchers Points in this Chai CrockPot Pumpkin Soup?
According to my calculations, each cup of this creamy satisfying crock pot chai pumpkin soup has 142 calories and
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
If you're a fan of pumpkin spice lattes, I think you'll adore this soup too. Enjoy!
Ingredients & Kitchen Tools Needed for this Pumpkin Soup Recipe:
- olive oil
- vegetable broth
- unsweetened pumpkin puree
- brown sugar
- chai flavored tea bag (**use ¼ teaspoon each of ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves and ground cardamom for the chai teabag, if desired)
- heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- chef's knife
- cutting board
- Crock-Pot 2-Quart Slow Cooker
- blender or immersion blender
If you enjoy this lightened up chai pumpkin soup, be sure to check out some of my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly soup recipes including Weight Watchers Creamy Potato Mushroom Soup, Potato Leek Soup, Spicy Red Lentil Soup, Ham & Potato Soup Made Lighter and Creamy Potato Cauliflower Soup
If you've made this low calorie Chai Pumpkin Crock Pot Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Crock Pot Chai Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1-½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-½ teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons non calorie sweetener (I used Truvia)
- 1 **chai-flavored tea bag
- ¼ cup fat free half and half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ideal slow cooker size: 2-Quart.
- Place the onion, garlic and oil in a small bowl and microwave, stirring occasionally until the onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
- Scrape the onion mixture into your slow cooker.
- Add the broth, pumpkin puree, sweetener and tea bag to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook until the flavors meld, about 4 to 5 hours on LOW.
- Remove the tea bag.
- Carefully, puree small batches of the soup in your blender, until smooth. Be sure to fill the blender not more than two-thirds full and hold the cover of your blender in place with a folded dish towel to prevent it from exploding and burning you with hot soup! Pulse quickly a few times before blending continuously.
- Return the pureed chai crock pot pumpkin soup to your slow cooker. Stir in the half and half and let it sit until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- If the soup seems too thick, add a little more broth to thin it to desired consistence.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Source: Slightly adapted from Slow Cooker Revolution Volume 2 by America's Test Kitchen.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Pumpkin Recipes You Might Like
- Jamba Juice Copycat Pumpkin Smash Smoothie (SkinnyKitchen)
- Mini Pumpkin Pies (HungryGirl)
- Pumpkin Pie Cannoli Cones (HungryGirl)
- Pumpkin Alfredo Tortellini Skillet (EmilyBites)
- Pumpkin Pie Dip (SkinnyTaste)
- Low-Fat Pumpkin Bread with Pepitas (SkinnyTaste)
- Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Muffins (DrizzleMeSkinny)
This video shows how easy it is to make your own healthy creamy pumpkin soup at home:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!