WW Recipe of the Day: Healthy Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
(148 calories | *5 WW SmartPoints)
I’m so excited that it’s pumpkin season again. I’ve been waiting for what seems like forever to bake up a batch of these baked pumpkin doughnuts.
I’ve been a doughnut lover for as long as I can remember. They were a Sunday morning tradition back when I was a kid.
But, I don’t love all doughnuts equally. For me it’s all about cake doughnuts, not the yeast raised kind.
So, in my quest to eat better I decided it was worth investing in a special donut pan that would allow me to make healthier baked doughnuts with less fat and fewer calories at home.
I think it was the right call.
Now I’ve become a fan of my own BAKED cake doughnuts, which are as easy to make as muffins.
I just stir together a quick batter, pour it into my doughnut pan, pop it in the oven, and 15 minutes later: doughnuts!
These healthy baked pumpkin doughnuts are my current favorite.
I’ve made a tasty apple version, substituting applesauce for the pumpkin too.
Next, I want to work on a chocolate version.
Skinny on Healthy Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
I love these healthy baked pumpkin doughnuts and have been making them for several years.
According to my calculations, each donut has 148 calories and *4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *5 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like these healthy baked pumpkin donuts, be sure to check out my other lightened up Weight Watchers friendly recipes including WW 2-Ingredient Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins & Cookies, Crock-Pot Crumb Cake, Low-Fat Impossible Pumpkin Pie, Low-Fat Pumpkin Cranberry Scones, Healthy Homemade Pumpkin Puree and Enlightened Pumpkin Streusel Coffeecake
If you’ve made this Baked Low Fat Pumpkin Donuts, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Healthy Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts Recipe
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour (I used white whole-wheat flour)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat the oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together the sugar, pumpkin, milk, egg, oil and vanilla.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the pumpkin mixture. Using a spoon mix until just combined. Do not overmix or the doughnuts will be tough.
- Use a pastry bag or large plastic bag to pipe the mixture into the 6-count donut pan. Alternatively, you can spoon the batter into the molds, but the finished doughnuts may not appear as even.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until the tops spring back when pressed gently around the edges.
- Place the pan on a wire rack and let the doughnuts cool for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the inside of the molds to release the doughnuts. Invert the donuts on the rack and cool completely, or enjoy warm.
- The doughnuts can be eaten as is, sprinkled with powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar, or decorated with your favorite icing and chopped nuts and/or candy sprinkles.
Substitute applesauce for pumpkin to make healthy baked applesauce doughnuts. Serving size: 1 pumpkin donut Weight Watchers PointsPlus: *4 Weight Watchers SmartPoints: *5 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints: *5
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
In this video, Weelicious shows how to make your own fresh baked pumpkin donuts without a special donut pan :
More Weight Watchers Friendly Pumpkin Dessert Recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Muffins (DrizzleMeSkinny)
- Mini Pumpkin Pies Lightened Up (HungryGirl)
- Pumpkin Pie Cannoli Cones (HungryGirl)
- Pumpkin Angle Food Cake (SnackGirl)
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting (SkinnyTaste)
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Dip (SkinnyTaste)
See how easy it is to make your own healthy pumpkin spice donuts at home:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!