(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Recipe #233 – Easy Crock Pot Pumpkin Crumb Cake)
I’ve got another sweet & delicious pumpkin recipe to share today: An easy crock pot pumpkin crumb cake studded with mini chocolate chips.
With just a handful of ingredients, including a box of crumb cake mix, it stirs together in minutes. And the house smells amazing – just like a Cinnabon – while baking in your slow cooker. Enjoy it plain or dressed up with a dollop of whipped cream.
Roberta hit rock bottom at 48 years old. She weighed 171 lbs. at 5'1". She suffered from back pain, thyroid problems and adrenal issues. Yet as you can see it’s all behind her now. And she feels and looks like a woman half her age!... Following Eat Stop Eat gave Roberta the freedom she needed. It allowed her body to naturally find its own weight loss rhythm. And the results are stunning!
Skinny on Easy Crock Pot Pumpkin Crumb Cake
I made a few adjustments to the original recipe to suit our tastes and what I had on hand. I used less water to prevent the cake from being too moist. And substituted mini chocolate chips for white and walnuts for pecans. I also decreased the amounts to shave a few calories. Somehow I always feel better about pumpkin desserts since pumpkin a great source of vitamins, minerals and fiber 🙂
According to my calculations each serving has 293 calories and *8 Weight Watchers Points Plus. You can cut the calories and points even further by skipping the chocolate chips and nuts altogether.
This was a winner, turning out even better than I’d hoped. It’s definitely on my make again list. Enjoy!
- 1 box cinnamon crumb cake mix (with cake mix and cinnamon topping; I used Krusteaz brand)
- ½ cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size (5 to 6-Quart)
- Set aside the cinnamon topping packet from the cake mix. In a large bowl stir together the dry cake mix, water, egg, pumpkin, and vanilla until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl stir together the cinnamon topping and nuts.
- Spray the slow cooker with nonstick spray. (I lined it with nonstick foil instead.) Spread half the cake batter into the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle with half the cinnamon mixture. Dollop the remaining cake batter on top and spread it out over the cinnamon mixture. Top with the remaining cinnamon mixture. Cover the top of the crock pot with 3 to 4 layers of paper towels and then set the lid on top. (This will prevent condensation that develops in the lid from dripping back into your cake.) Cook on HIGH for 2 to 2-1/2 hours, or until the cake is set, then remove the lid and paper towels and turn off the slow cooker. Let the cake sit for 15 minutes. Enjoy warm.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1/12th w/o nuts anad chocolate chips): 223 calories, 5.4 g fat, 41.7 g carbs. 1.1 g fiber, 2.7 g protein and *6 Weight Watchers Points Plus
Source: adapted from The Crockin’ Girls Slow Cookin’ Companion: Yummy Recipes from Family, Friends, and Our Crockin’ Community
*PointsPlus® for this easy crock pot pumpkin crumb cake calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.