Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot Pumpkin Crumb Cake
I’ve got another sweet & delicious pumpkin recipe to share today: An easy crock pot pumpkin crumb cake studded with mini chocolate chips.
With just a handful of ingredients—including a box of crumb cake mix and canned pumpkin—it stirs together in minutes.
If you’d rather make your own pumpkin puree, click here to see how easy it is.
And the house smells amazing – just like a Cinnabon – while baking in your slow cooker.
Enjoy it plain or dressed up with a dollop of whipped cream.
Skinny on Easy Crock Pot Pumpkin Crumb Cake
I made a few adjustments to the original recipe to suit our tastes and what I had on hand.
I used less water to prevent the cake from being too moist.
And substituted mini chocolate chips for white and walnuts for pecans.
I also decreased the amounts to shave a few calories.
Somehow I always feel better about pumpkin desserts since pumpkin a great source of vitamins, minerals and fiber 🙂
According to my calculations each serving has 293 calories and *6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *7 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
You can cut the calories and points even further by skipping the chocolate chips and nuts altogether.
This was a winner, turning out even better than I’d hoped. It’s definitely on my make again list. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Pumpkin Crumbcake, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Easy Crock Pot Pumpkin Crumb Cake Recipe
- 1 box box cinnamon crumb cake mix (with cake mix and cinnamon topping; I used Krusteaz brand)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Ideal slow cooker size: 5- to 6-Quart.
- Set aside the cinnamon topping packet from the cake mix.
- In a large bowl stir together the dry cake mix, water, egg, pumpkin, and vanilla until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl stir together the cinnamon topping and nuts.
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray. (I lined it with nonstick foil instead.) Spread half the cake batter into the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle with half the cinnamon mixture. Dollop the remaining cake batter on top and spread it out over the cinnamon mixture. Top with the remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Cover the top of the crock pot with 3 to 4 layers of paper towels and then set the lid on top. (This will prevent condensation that develops in the lid from dripping back into your cake.)
- Cook on HIGH for 2 to 2-1/2 hours, or until the cake is set, then remove the lid and paper towels and turn off the slow cooker.
- Let the cake sit for 15 minutes before cutting. Enjoy warm.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!