WW Recipe of the Day: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Blondie Protein Bars
These chocolate chip pumpkin spice protein bars are a new family favorite. Tender, moist and mildly sweet, these gluten-free, protein-packed beauties taste much more like pumpkin spice blondies than traditional protein bars.
The original recipe called for spreading the bars with melted chocolate, but I chose to keep it simple by stirring ¼ cup miniature chocolate chips into the batter. Yum!
How Many Calories and WW Points in Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Protein Bars?
According to my calculations, each serving has 146 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Protein Bars
Step 1: Gather and prep your ingredients.
Step 4: Add the pumpkin mixture to the oat mixture and stir until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Step 5: Spread the pumpkin mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
Step 6: Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until just set at the center. Remove from the oven and cool completely in the pan, then remove using the liner. Cut into 10 bars.
Cooking Notes, Substitutions & Variations
Select your sweetener of choice. I used ½ cup Truvia , which is is supposed to be equal to 1 cup of sugar. The original recipe calls for 1 teaspoon liquid stevia. According this stevia to sugar ratio article, 1 teaspoon of liquid stevia is as sweet as 1 cup of sugar.
No miniature chocolate chips?
If using regular chocolate chips instead of miniature ones, give them a rough chop so you will have enough to be distributed throughout the batter.
Skip the chocolate?
If you wish to leave the chocolate out entirely, I suggest adding 2 tablespoons dark cooking molasses or honey. Yum.
I used doTerra's Slim and Sassy Trim Shake with good results. Choose your protein powder of choice. With most of these 4 scoops will equate to the 1 cup needed for this recipe.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe:
If you do not have pumpkin pie spice, use the following combination of spices: 2-½ teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, ¾ teaspoon ground allspice, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves.
These bars will keep in an airtight storage container for 1 week in the refrigerator or up to 1 month in the freezer (let defrost at room temperature). They keep well at room temperature when packed for lunches or in a gym bag.
If you've made this recipe for Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Protein Bars , please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondie Protein Bars
- ½ cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup naturally sweetened vanilla whey or raw vegan protein powder
- 1-½ tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-¼ cup unsweetened pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- ½ cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Truvia (or sweetener of choice)
- ¼ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil then spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a food processor or blender blitz the oats until they have a flour like consistency. Transfer the oat flour a medium bowl and stir in the protein powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt, until well blended.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, yogurt, eggs, vanilla, and truvia until well combined.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the oat mixture and stir until well blended then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the pumpkin batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until just set at the center. Remove from the oven and cool completely in the pan, then remove using the liner. Cut into 10 bars.
Recipe source: Power Hungry
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Healthy Bars for Weight Watchers
- 5 Favorite WW Friendly Protein Bars with 4 SmartPoints or Less
- Ellie's Healthy Energy Bars
- All About Built Bars
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola Bars
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!