WW Recipe of the Day: Low-Fat Cranberry Walnut Rugelach
(72 calories | 3 3 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Simple, easy and delicious low-fat cranberry-nut rugelach that are well worth their 72 calories
These Low Fat Cranberry Nut Rugalach have been on my "must try" list since I first spied them in one of the December Weight Watchers Weeklies, where they were featured along with other holiday cookies.
With a package of low-fat crescent roll dough in the fridge about to expire, I finally decided that the time had come to bake up a batch. I'd never made rugalach before, so in addition to being low fat, using prepared crescent roll dough made these quick and easy too.
The website mentioned that these cranberry-nut rugalach are best warm from the oven, which they are, but I found them fine at room temperature the next day.
Several people on the site commented that the filling was crumbly, so I added a little raspberry fruit spread to make it a little moister and easier to work with. But be sure to go easy with the filling so you have enough to fill all the cookies.
These quick and easy rugalach make a yummy dessert, snack or breakfast treat. Enjoy!
How Many Calories and WW Points in these Cookies?
According to my calculations, each serving has 72 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made these Rugelach Crescent Cookies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Low Fat Cranberry Walnut Rugelach
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced fat crescent roll dough
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon raspberry fruit spread
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, for dusting when done
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone liner or parchment paper. Alternatively, coat it lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make filling, combine the cranberries, walnuts, granulated sugar, and fruit spread in a small bowl ; set aside.
- Roll out crescent rolls on a lightly floured surface (use 1 tablespoon flour). Separate along the perforations into 8 triangles. Cut each triangle in half lengthwise, making 16 long triangles.
- Spoon a scant teaspoon of filling onto each triangle, leaving bare pastry at top and bottom of triangle. Roll each triangle from wide end to narrow tip.
- Place rolled wedges on prepared cookie sheet, spacing them at least 1 inch apart. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes.
- Move rugalach close together so they are just touching each other. Place powdered sugar in a sieve and dust over rugalach.
Source: Slightly adapted from the Weight Watchers Website
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Cookie Recipes
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
- Simple Sugar Cookies
- Favorite No-Bake Cookies
- Maple Cranberry Crunch No-Bake Cereal Bars
- Skinny Cranberry Apple Oatmeal Cookies
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!