WW Recipe of the Day: Skinny Cranberry Apple Oatmeal Cookies
(68 calories | 3 3 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Oatmeal cookies are my absolute favorite, so I'm always on the lookout for oatmeal cookie recipes.
I'm calling them skinny cranberry oatmeal cookies.
Since I was in a mood for cookies and am having fun making easy healthy oatmeal recipes to celebrate National Oatmeal Month, it seemed like a good idea to give them a go.
Skinny on Low-Fat Cranberry Apple Oatmeal Cookies
The recipe jumped out of me from the pages of one of my favorite cookbooks - the Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook .
How Many Calories and Points in these Cookies?
According to my calculations, each serving has 68 calories and:
3 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
The cookies baked up soft and chewy with just the right amount of sweetness and spice.
I modified the recipe for these low-fat cranberry apple oatmeal cookies just a bit, opting to use a combination of baking soda and baking powder instead of all baking soda.
And also substituting my Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus Blend (a wonderful combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, orange peel cloves and ginger) for the cinnamon and nutmeg.
They've been a hit with everyone here in the house. I hope you enjoy them as much as we have.
Cranberry Apple Oatmeal Cookies Recipe Variations
different spices/flavorings - cardamom, allspice, ginger, orange zest, etc.
different dried fruits - substitute the dried cranberries with raisins, dried apricots, dates, dried cherries, etc.
If you enjoy these skinny cranberry apple oatmeal cookies, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: Easy No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins, Cranberry Ginger Oatmeal Cookies, The Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and Crock Pot Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
If you've made these low fat Cranberry Apple Oat Cookies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Cranberry Apple Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour or white wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-½ cups old-fashioned oats, preferably toasted
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Place rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray them with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Stir in the oats.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed, until light and fluffy. Add the apple, egg and vanilla and continue beating until well combined.
- With the mixer on low, gradually beat in the flour mixture until blended, then stir in the cranberries.
- Drop the cookie dough by tablespoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto the prepared cookie sheets, making a total of 24 cookies.
- With the back of a spoon, or your damp fingers, flatten each cookie.
- Bake, one cookie sheet at a time in the center of your oven, until lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the cookie sheets placed on wire racks for 2 to 3 minutes. Then transfer the cookies to the wire racks to cool completely.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Here's another video that shows how easy it is to make no sugar added oatmeal raisin cookies:
More Lightened Up Recipes with Rolled Oats
- Low-Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (SkinnyTaste)
- Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies (DrizzleMeSkinny)
- Banana Oat Nut Bread (TheYummyLife)
- Soft & Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (HungryGirl)
- Pumpkin Oat Bread with Walnut Streusel Topping (OrganizeYourselfSkinny)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!