Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Low-Fat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Here’s a recipe for low fat oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars that turn out moist and chewy. I think you’re gonna love them. I sure do 🙂
These chewy chocolate chip cookie bars are really easy to make too.
Skinny on Low Fat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
I used half whole wheat pastry flour and half all-purpose flour to make these low fat oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars.
And substituted unsweetened applesauce for half the oil.
Be careful not to over bake them or they will be dry. According to my calculations each cookie bar has 162 calories, *4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *7 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made these low-fat chocolate chip cookie bars, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked them.
Moist & Chewy Low Fat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons non-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups rolled oats quick or old fashioned, uncooked
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pull out a 8 x 8-inch pan. Spray with nonstick cooking spray or for super easy cleanup, line it with aluminum foil and spray the foil.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt until blended.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, applesauce, and brown sugar together until creamy and well blended.
- Add the egg, milk and vanilla and whisk until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in the oats and chocolate chips and mix well.
- Press the dough onto the bottom of your prepared 8 x 8-inch pan
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until light golden brown. (Don't over-bake or they will be dry.)
- Remove from the oven and cool completely in the pan.
- Cut into 16 squares.
- Once completely cool, store tightly covered.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like chocolate chip cookie bars you might also like:
- Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Bars
- Weight Watchers Chocolate Chip Cookies with Salted Peanuts
- 15 Recipes for Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!