WW Recipe of the Day: WW Chocolate Mint Bars
(70 calories | *3 WW SmartPoints)
These Weight Watchers Chocolate Mint Bars prove that it’s possible to enjoy the holidays AND stick with your healthy eating goals.
The recipe is from the November/December issue of Weight Watchers Magazine , where they’re festively named Chocolaty Candy Cane Triangles.
Seriously dense and chocolaty, they contain a secret healthy ingredient you’ll never guess is there: black beans!
The black beans give these delicious sweet treats a rich dark color while providing a healthy dose of protein and fiber.
Everyone who tasted them liked them. And nobody guessed they contained black beans 🙂
I love the idea of replacing some of the fat and sugar with healthy ingredients in sweet treats and desserts. It’s so much more appealing to me than using artificial stuff.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Chocolate Mint Bars
These Weight Watchers Chocolate Mint bars are simple to make. You just whirl everything together in a food processor until totally smooth.
Once they’re baked and cooled you drizzle them with a simple white chocolate topping and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.
According to the nutritional details provided with the recipe, each triangle has 70 calories, *2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus and *3 WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
I’ll definitely make these again. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this mint chocolate bars, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked them.
Weight Watchers Chocolate Mint Bars Recipe
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil (I used coconut oil)
- 4 crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Place the beans, sugar, cocoa powder, butter, eggs, salt, baking powder, vanilla and mint extract in the bowl of a food processor. Process on HIGH until the mixture is completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl several times.
- Add the flour and semisweet chocolate chips. Pulse a few times, just until blended.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared baking pan. Spread out evenly.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool completely.
- When the mixture is completely cool, make the topping. Combine the white chocolate chips and oil in a small bowl. Microwave on HIGH, stopping to stir every 20 to 30 seconds, until the chips are melted. Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the top of the cooled bars. Sprinkle with the crushed mints. Let cool and harden completely.
- Using the foil as handles, remove the whole slab of bars from the pan. Cut into 16 squares. Cut each square in half diagonally to make 32 triangles.
Source: Weight Watchers Magazine (November/December 2014)
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this recipe for WW Chocolate Mint Bars, you might also like:
- Skinny Black Bean Brownies that begin with a box of brownie mix
- No-Bake Peanut Buttery Cookie Dough Bites that contain a super-secret healthy ingredient
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares that are sweet, crunchy, chewy and chocolatey
- Easy Baked S’mores that are low-calorie – no campfire required
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!