WW Recipe of the Day: Caramel Chocolate Oatmeal Mini Bars
(80 calories | 4 4 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Looking for a sweet treat that won’t blow your calorie budget?
Check out this recipe for caramel chocolate oatmeal mini-bars. I think it’s a winner.
Skinny on Caramel Chocolate Oatmeal Mini Bars
The combination of crunchy oat and brown sugar crust, chewy caramel and chocolate drizzle is simple and sweet, and oh so delicious.
And because they are sweet – one little mini bar should be enough to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Each little bite-size bar has about 80 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
2 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
These sweet, chewy and crunchy cookie bars are super easy to make too.
You just stir together a simple crumb crust, press it in a pan and bake until golden.
Then spread on a layer of melted caramel and drizzle with chocolate.
That’s all there is to it!
If you like these oatmeal mini bars topped with caramel and chocolate, be sure to check out my other WW Friendly recipes including Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies, Easy Apricot Oat Bars, WW Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares, Ellie’s Healthy Energy Bars and WW Low-Fat Lemon Bars
If you’ve made these Low Fat Cookie Bars, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Caramel Chocolate Oatmeal Mini Bars Recipe
- 1 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramel candies, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Add the butter and mix until crumbly.
- Press the oat mixture evenly into the lined pan. (Be sure to press firmly.)
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from the oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool.
- Place the caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered on High for 1 - 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Pour the melted caramel over the hot crust and spread evenly to cover. Let stand 10 minutes or until the caramel is set.
- Lift the bars from the pan with the parchment paper. Place on a cutting board. Cut lengthwise into 8 rows.
- Place the chocolate morsels in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Spoon the melted chocolate into a resealable plastic bag. Twist the top of the bag and make a small cut in one corner.
- Squeeze out the chocolate in a continuous loop of chocolate along each row. Let stand until the chocolate is set.
- Cut the rows lengthwise into eights and crosswise into sixths, making 48 bite-size bars.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Dessert Recipes
- Skinny Black Bean Brownies
- Healthy Homemade Granola Bars
- No-Bake Oatmeal, Chocolate, Peanut Butter Cookies
- Healthy Banana Cookies with Oats & Chocolate Chips
- 7 Ways to Make Healthier Cookies
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!