Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Banana Cookies with Oats & Chocolate Chips
Are you looking for an easy healthy banana cookies recipe?
I hope you’ll give these delicious healthy banana cookies a try.
They’re adapted from a recipe in Bethenny Frankel’s book, Naturally Thin: Unleash Your SkinnyGirl and Free Yourself from a Lifetime of Dieting.
If you are looking for tasty healthy banana cookies that are low fat, vegan and gluten free – this is the recipe for you.
The Skinny on Healthy Banana Cookies with Oats + Chocolate Chips
In the name of full disclosure, because they are low fat, dairy- and egg-free – these healthy banana cookies are more like cake or muffin tops than traditional cookies made with lots of butter and eggs; but they’re still very good.
They’re the kind of cookies you can feel good about eating, since they’re filled with good-for-you wholesome ingredients.
I’ve made them twice and everyone who tried them thought they were good – especially my stepson who is allergic to eggs and gluten.
When using bananas in baking, the more overripe (almost black) the better, because they are much sweeter.
The original recipe called for soy milk and just 1 teaspoon of oil, I used 1 tablespoon of oil and coconut milk, since that’s what I had in the fridge.
Use whatever non-dairy milk you like best. I’m sure rice milk or almond milk would work too, but I’m a big fan of coconut milk at the moment.
According to my calculations, each cookies has about 146 calories, *4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus and *7 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
If you like these healthy Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies, be sure to check out some of my other easy Weight Watchers friendly cookie recipes including Easy Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookies with Salted Peanuts, No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, Skinny S’mores Cookies and Easy Trail Mix Cookies
Watch this video to learn how to make Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Cookies with only 3 ingredients:
If you’ve made these banana cookies, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Healthy Banana Cookies with Oats & Chocolate Chips Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups oat flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup soy milk (I used coconut milk beverage)
- 1/2 cup banana puree (about 1 medium banana)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Position an oven rack in the center and preheat your oven to 375F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar until well blended and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the oil, milk, banana puree and vanilla.
- Stir the flour mixture and banana mixture together just until moistened.
- Make 10 cookies from the batter, spacing them at least one inch apart on the cookie sheet. Flatten them out with damp fingers, since they will not spread as they bake.
- Bake on the center rack for 10 to 12 minutes, until they look done and spring back when gently pressed with your finger.
- Remove from the oven and immediately transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Source: Adapted from Bethenny Frankel’s book, Naturally Thin: Unleash Your SkinnyGirl and Free Yourself from a Lifetime of Dieting.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Healthy Banana Cookie Recipes:
Banana Cookies – found at Super Healthy Kids
Additional Weight Watchers Friendly Recipes with Banana:
Banana Oatmeal Cookies – A traditional healthy cookie with flour, butter and eggs
Moist Banana Bread – made with canola oil instead of butter
Healthy Whole Wheat Banana Muffins – with whole wheat flour, flax oil and yogurt
Low Fat Banana Cookies with Coconut & Dates – Soft, chewy and delicious
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!