Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Oprah’s Healthy Apricot Oat Bars
(145 calories | 6 6 5 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I love oat-based baked goods, so these Healthy Apricot Oat Bars seemed too good to pass up when they appeared in my Facebook feed.
Up until now, my go-to recipe for Apricot Oat Bars has been a variation of this old-fashioned Date Bars recipe from my Nana’s recipe file, where I substitute a layer of apricot jam or fruit spread for the date mixture.
Sweet, crumbly and delicious, they’re always a big hit whenever I make them.
Skinny on Oprah’s Healthy Apricot Oat Bars
And it’s easier too, with just a few basic ingredients stirred together in a single bowl, then baked and cut into bars.
What’s not to love?
Each bar has a reasonable 145 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Easy + Healthy Apricot Oat Bar Recipe Variations
no dried apricots – try other favorite dried fruit: raisins, dried cranberries, pineapple, cherries, blueberries, plums, alone or in combination
vegan – substitute coconut oil for the butter
more protein – substitute 1/4 cup PB2 powdered peanut butter, or ground nuts, for 1/4 cup of the all-purpose flour
Here’s a video demonstration that shows how to make a similar recipe for apricot and date oat energy bars:
If you like Oprah’s healthy apricot oat bars, be sure to check out more easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Low Fat Cranberry Bars, Nigella’s Breakfast Bars, Weight Watchers Skinny Apricot Poppy Seed Quick Bread, Low Fat Banana Bread with Dates and Apricots and Banana Oatmeal Cookies
If you’ve made this Apricot Oat Bars, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Oprah's Healthy Apricot Oat Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (about 28) dried apricots, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. For easy cleanup, line an 8-inch baking pan with foil. Spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, the oats, brown sugar, salt and nutmeg until well combined with no big clumps of brown sugar remaining. Stir in the melted butter, applesauce and vanilla until blended. Gently stir in the apricots.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan, pressing it flat with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Bake for about 25 to 35 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from the oven and let the pan cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then lift the slab of bars out with the foil out and let the bars cool completely on the wire rack.
- Transfer the foil and bars to a cutting board and use a large knife to cut into 16 even squares.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
This video from The New York Times shows how to make no-bake almond-apricot granola bars:
More Lightened Up Bar Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Homemade KIND Bars (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Low_Fat Chewy Granola Bars (SkinnyTaste)
- Homemade Fruit & Nut Bars (SlenderKitchen)
- Peanut Butter Power Bars (LaaLoosh)
- WW No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars (RecipeDiaries)
- No-Bake Almond Butter Granola Bars (EatYourselfSkinny)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!