Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Low Fat Banana Bread with Dates and Apricots
Low fat banana bread jazzed up with dates and apricots.
Have you ever added chopped dates and apricots to banana bread?
I hadn’t until now.
For A Limited Time:
Enjoy 25% off your meal plan subscription when you subscribe by Sun. (8/21)
Skinny on Low Fat Banana Bread with Dates & Apricots
I got the idea for adding chopped dates and apricots to banana bread while thumbing through an older version of the Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook.
I love both dates and apricots and usually have them in my pantry, but had never thought of stirring them into banana bread batter.
(That’s why I’m always reading cookbooks for ideas, I guess.)
But, instead of following that recipe, I decided to add chopped dates and apricots to my Favorite low fat banana bread recipe, tweaking it only slightly.
Banana bread is one of my favorite things.
If you like dense moist banana bread, you’ll want to give this one with apricots and dates a try.
It’s low in fat since all the moisture comes from the mashed bananas and relatively low in added sugar, because the dates add a lot of sweetness. Everyone who tasted it liked it and it. Enjoy!
- 4 ripe bananas, well mashed
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1-3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 dried dates, chopped
- 8 dried apricot halves, chopped
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together the banana and eggs until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until well blended. Stir in the chopped dates and apricot halves.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir just until blended.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake until a toothipick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes then remove the loaf of bread from the pan and place it directly on the wire rack to cool completely.
If you liked this low fat banana bread you might also like:
Slim & Healthy Banana Oatmeal Bread & Muffin Recipes
Easy Banana Bread Impossible Pie Made Lighter
Skinny Easy Healthy Banana Coconut Date Muffins
Baked Bananas Foster (Laaloosh)
Chocolate Banana Wontons (Weight Watchers)
*PointsPlus® for low fat banana bread with dates and apricots calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.