WW Recipe of the Day: Easy Banana Bread "Impossible" Pie
(179 calories | 6 6 6 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
This quick, easy, and delicious "impossible" banana bread pie is a great dessert for using up those overripe bananas that have a way of accumulating on the counter.
With just 5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus (*6 WW Freestyle SmartPoints), this custardy crustless banana bread pie is delicious either cold or warm-from-the-oven, with a small spoonful of your favorite vanilla frozen yogurt or ice cream melting over the top (just don't forget to add in the extra Points!)
The Skinny on Easy Banana Bread "Impossible" Pie
It's actually a takeoff on one of those quick, easy and delicious "impossible" pies from Bisquick that come in lots of savory and sweet variations.
To lighten-up this recipe, I used the ½ can of fat-free sweetened condensed milk I had in the fridge—left from when I made Nigella's Breakfast Bars—and a scant cup of Silk coconut milk, instead of the full 14-ounce can of regular sweetened condensed milk called for, leaving the pie plenty creamy and sweet for our tastes, while shaving some fat and calories.
This lighter easy banana bread "impossible" pie is definitely going in my "Make Again" file.
According to my calculations, each slice has about 179 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you've made this Impossibly Easy Banana Bread Pie, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Impossible Easy Banana Bread Pie Recipe
- 2 very ripe medium bananas
- ½ cup biscuit mix, such as Heart Smart Bisquick
- 2 large eggs
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (½ of a 14-ounce can)
- 1 cup milk (I used Silk coconut milk beverage)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt for serving (if desired)
- Position oven rack in the center of the oven ad preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Lightly coat a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray and set the pan aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the bananas with an electric mixer on low speed until they are smooth, about 1 minute.
- Stop the mixer and add the biscuit mix, eggs, sweetened condensed milk, milk, butter, and vanilla.
- Beat on low speed until the mixture is well blended, about 1 minute more.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pie pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake the pie on the center rack until it is golden brown and firm around the edges, but still a little soft in the center, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for about 30 minutes before cutting.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- It's also delicious served chilled with a little whipped cream.
Recipe source: The Dinner Doctor by Anne Byrn
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
This video from LynnsRecipes shows how she makes Impossible Coconut Custard Pie with HeartSmart Bisquick:
If You liked this Impossibly Easy Pie Made Skinny You Might Also Like:
- Healthy Low Fat Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- Healthy Banana Cookies with Oats & Chocolate
- Skinny Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Bars
- Light & Easy No Bake Coconut Cream Mounds Bar Pie
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!