WW Recipe of the Day: Skinny Bisquick Chicken and Broccoli Impossible Pie
(120 calories | 5 4 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
This chicken and cheddar broccoli pie really is impossibly easy to make. I even made my own healthy baking mix to use as a Bisquick replacement.
With minimal chopping required, you can have this ready to pop in the oven in about 15 minutes. After baking for about 35 minutes, you can have dinner on the table in under an hour. It can also be assembled ahead and refrigerated until you’re ready to bake it.
This broccoli pie would also make for a nice brunch or lunch.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Lighter Healthier Chicken & Broccoli Impossible Pie?
According to my calculations, each serving has about 120 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
3 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Make Skinny Chicken and Broccoli Impossible Pie
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients.
Step 2: Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch round pie dish.
Step 3: Sprinkle broccoli, 1/2 cup cheese,
chicken and onion in the prepared dish.
Step 4: In a small mixing bowl, stir together the baking mix, milk, salt, pepper and eggs until blended.
Pour evenly into pie plate .
Step 5: Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Step 6: Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the top and return to oven for 1 to 2 minutes more, or until the cheese is melted.
Step 7: Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into 6 equal slices.
Skinny Chicken & Broccoli Bisquick Impossible Pie Recipe Notes
- Either frozen broccoli florets or chopped broccoli will work in this recipe, as will lightly steamed fresh broccoli.
- Frozen mixed veggies can be used instead of broccoli for more variety and color.
- Substitute 1/2 cup chopped scallion/green onion for a milder flavor.
- Additional seasoning ideas: garlic powder, Italian seasoning, dried thyme flakes, crushed red pepper flakes,
- To feed a crowd, double the recipe and assemble/bake in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Savory Impossibly Easy Pies, like this one, can be covered and refrigerated up to 24 hours before baking. You may need to bake it a few minutes longer than the recipe suggests since you’ll be starting with a cold pie.
Easy Chicken Cheddar Broccoli Pie Serving Suggestions
Ways to Use Leftovers
Any leftover broccoli pie can be store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer for future quick and easy meals. Leftover slices make a great lunch to take to work and can be reheated quickly in the microwave .
Slices of Impossibly Easy Pies are as easy to reheat as they are to make. To reheat in the microwave , just arrange slices evenly spaced and with points toward the center on a large microwavable plate. Cover with a paper towel or waxed paper (except those with a cheesy topping) and heat on medium for 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat as needed until warmed through. Let stand for 1 to 2 minutes before serving.
If you’ve made this Impossibly Easy Chicken Broccoli Pie, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Impossibly Easy Chicken and Broccoli Pie
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup Bisquick baking mix (I used my own healthy baking mix)
- 1 cup low fat milk (I used unsweetened almond milk beverage)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400F. Light grease a 9-inch round pie dish.
- Sprinkle broccoli, 1/2 cup cheese, the chicken and onion in the prepared pie dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the baking mix, milk, salt, pepper and eggs until blended. Pour evenly into pie plate.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the top and return to oven for 1 to 2 minutes more, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into 6 equal slices.
Recipe source: Betty Crocker’s Bisquick Cookbook
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Impossibly Easy Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Pie, you might also like:
- Spinach Feta Crustless Quiche
- Cherry Tomato Clafouti
- Slow Cooker Leftover Breakfast Casserole
- Crock Pot Spinach Spoon Bread
- Turkey Cheeseburger Pie for Two
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!