WW Recipe of the Day: Spinach & Feta Crustless Quiche
(159 calories | 4 3 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I chose to make a quick and easy crustless spinach & feta quiche for this week's 38 Power Foods Blog Group. Can you guess the Power Food ingredient? Yes, it's spinach.
And no, that's not ketchup on the plate. It's ajvar, a chunky red pepper and eggplant spread popular in the Balkans that my sister introduced me to, and that I now can't get enough of. I'm eating it with everything.
I continue to have fun each week making and writing about a healthy ingredient from Power Foods: 150 Delicious Recipes with the 38 Healthiest Ingredients by Martha Stewart and the editors of Whole Living Magazine.
Skinny on Spinach and Feta Crustless Quiche
I came across the recipe for this easy spinach and feta crustless quiche in one of my favorite cookbooks of the moment, which I've mentioned several times lately, 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness , by the talented Camilla Saulsbury.
This quiche is much lighter and healthier than classic quiche because:
- it's crustless, and
- it's made with non-fat cottage cheese
You simply whirl the ingredient together in a blender , pour the mixture into a pie dish and bake, so it's a great quick & easy weeknight supper solution.
And the leftovers can be warmed up for a super quick breakfast or lunch.
According to my calculations each serving has just 159 calories and
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Health Benefits of Spinach
Spinach is nutritious and delicious. We eat a lot of it around here, which turns out to be a very good thing.
Rich in vitamins and minerals, it is also concentrated in health-promoting phytonutrients such as carotenoids and flavonoids that provide powerful antioxidant protection which can help protect you from inflammatory problems, oxidative stress-related problems, cardiovascular problems, bone problems, and cancers!
If you've made this Low-Carb Crustless Quiche, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Spinach and Feta Crustless Quiche
- 1 container (16 ounces) non-fat cottage cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-⅓ cups finely chopped green onions
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 6 ounces)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Coat a 9-inch glass pie dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a blender combine cottage and eggs and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Add the spinach, green onions, feta cheese and black pepper and pulse several times, until the mixture is combined.
- Spread the cottage cheese mixture evenly into the prepared pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with wheat germ and bake until golden brown and set, 10 to 15 minutes more.
Recipe source: 5 Easy Steps to Healthy Cooking: 500 Recipes for Lifelong Wellness by Camilla Saulsbury
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this spinach and feta crustless quiche:
- Skinny Artichoke & Spinach Pasta Bake
- Easy & Delicious Sausage & Spinach Soup
- Skinny Baked Fish with Spinach & Asian Drizzle
- Orange Spinach Salad
Checking out what my fellow bloggers have whipped up:
- Alyce @ More Time at the Table
- Ansh @ Spice Roots
- Jeanette @ Jeanette's Healthy Living
- Jill @ Saucy Cooks
- Mireya @ My Healthy Eating Habits
- Sarah @ Everything in the Kitchen Sink
- Casey @ Bookcase Foodie
- Bambi @ Adobo Down Under
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!