WW Recipe of the Day: Healthy Speedy Spinach Artichoke Dip Chicken
(200 calories | 4 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
If you’re a fan of spinach artichoke dip, you’re gonna love this easy healthy spinach artichoke dip chicken recipe.
A light yet creamy version of spinach artichoke dip is spooned over skillet seared chicken breasts. Low in fat, full of flavor and coming together in about 15 minutes, this WW friendly chicken recipe is easy enough for a weeknight, yet impressive enough for date night. It’s sure to become a family favorite.
If you aren’t a fan of artichokes or don’t have them on hand, just use extra spinach instead.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this RECIPE?
According to my calculations, each serving has 200 calories and
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
How to Make Easy Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip Topped Chicken
Step 1: Gather and prepare all ingredients
Step 2: Put the spinach and artichokes in a microwave safe bowl . Cover and cook for 1 minute on high.
Step 3: Add 1/4 cup Parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic, onion powder, and pepper. Stir to combine.
Step 4: Fold in the mozzarella. Set aside the dip mixture while you prepare the chicken.
Step 5: Cover the breasts with wax paper or plastic wrap. Gently pound to 1/4-inch thickness.
Step 6: Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken and cook over medium-high heat.
Step 7: Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Top each breast with 1/4 cup of the spinach dip.
Step 8: Add 1/4 cup of water to the skillet and cover. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until chicken is done.
Step 9: Sprinkle each breast with 1 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese before serving.
Easy Healthy Spinach Artichoke Topped Skillet Chicken Recipe Notes
Substitute fresh spinach with 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed dry).
Skip the pounding, and purchase thin sliced chicken breasts.
What Should I Serve with this Skinny Spinach Artichoke Chicken?
- Serve with brown rice and steamed broccoli or green beans.
- Enjoy alongside a Low Calorie French Shredded Carrot Salad
- Keep it super light and healthy with a simple green salad or a spicy slaw
- Pair with a baked sweet potato and sautéd spinach.
How Can I Use Spinach Artichoke Chicken Leftovers?
- Enjoy any leftover dip with raw veggies.
- Dice chicken breast and mix with dip, warm and use to top a baked potato (white or sweet).
- Make a creamy chicken quesadilla.
- Top an English muffin for a cheesy chicken melt.
If you’ve made this Spinach Artichoke Dip Topped Chicken, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Speedy Spinach Artichoke Dip Chicken
- 1 cup fresh spinach, shredded
- 1/2 cup drained quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup plus 4 teaspoons, grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- Put the spinach and artichokes in a microwave safe bowl. Cover and cook for 1 minute on high.
- Add 1/4 cup Parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic, onion powder, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Fold in the mozzarella. Set aside the dip mixture.
- Cover the chicken breasts with wax paper or plastic wrap. Gently pound to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook over medium-high heat. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Top each breast with 1/4 cup of the spinach dip.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to the skillet and cover. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Sprinkle each breast with 1 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese.
Recipe source: Eat What You Love Everyday by Marlene Koch
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this Spinach Artichoke Dip Chicken, you might also like
- Spinach Artichoke Baked Pasta
- Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Ravioli Soup
- Slow Cooker 4-Ingredient Goddess Chicken
- Spinach Quiche
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!