WW Recipe of the Day: Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip Ravioli Soup
(156 calories | 4 4 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Recently the idea to make a spinach and artichoke dip soup popped into my head and I decided to go with it.
If you love spinach artichoke dip, I think you’re going to love this soup.
It’s got all the goodness of the classic dip turned into a lighter, healthier soup, with the added benefit of pasta!
And just 5 ingredients. What’s not to love?
Skinny on Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip Ravioli Soup
To keep this Spinach Artichoke Dip Ravioli Soup healthy and Weight Watchers friendly, I began with generous amounts frozen chopped spinach and artichoke hearts, both 0 points vegetables.
Then I poured in a jar of light alfredo sauce and vegetable broth .
To make it heartier and more comforting, I stirred in a package of fresh spinach cheese ravioli at the end.
Tortellini would work well too, but it wasn’t an option at my grocery store the day I shopped.
For simplicity’s sake, I made this skinny soup in my slow cooker, but you could cook it on the stove top in a lot less time if you wanted.
As I was creating this soup, I realized there were lots of ways it could be modified which I’ve provided in the variations below.
Both Rod and I thought this was a real winner, so it’s one I plan on making again during soup season.
According to my calculations, each serving has 156 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you’re less concerned about calories, the addition of some cream cheese or Boursin cheese at the end is worth the splurge.
Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip Ravioli Soup Recipe Variations
no frozen artichoke hearts? – use drained canned instead
different pastas – tortellini, shells, elbows, penne, etc. would all work. (If you use dry pasta, cook it before adding to the slow cooker)
lower carb – skip the pasta
spicier – add a pinch or two or three of crushed red pepper flakes
richer – add 4 to 8 ounces of light cream cheese, light Boursin or Laughing Cow cheese
heartier – add a can of drained white beans or chopped chicken or turkey or shrimp or crabmeat
more colorful – add chopped red bell pepper
In this video, Rachel Ray shows how to make a lightened up lemony spinach artichoke soup:
If you like this easy slow cooker spinach spinach artichoke dip ravioli soup, be sure to check out some of my other easy, healthy, Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Slow Cooker Goddess Chicken, Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup, Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken, Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken and Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Soup
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Spinach Ravioli Soup, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Skinny Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip Ravioli Soup Recipe
- 16 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 12 ounces frozen artichoke hearts, defrosted enough to give them a rough chop
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 jar (12 ounces) light alfredo sauce
- 9 ounces fresh spinach ravioli
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste, optional
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4- to 5-Quart.
- Place the spinach, artichoke hearts, broth and alfredo sauce into your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW until the vegetables are tender, 4 to 6 hours.
- If you want a smoother soup, run your stick blender through it until you achieve the desired consistency. Or puree a cup or two in your blender and pour back into to the slow cooker.
- Turn the slow cooker to HIGH and add the pasta. Cover and cook until the pasta is done, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Stir in the fresh lemon juice, if using. Taste and add more salt and pepper as desired.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
To make this spinach artichoke dip ravioli soup, I used:
More WW Friendly Recipes You Might Like:
- Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken Artichoke Soup (SlenderKitchen)
- Chicken, Artichoke & Spinach Soup (Cookin’Canuck)
- Spinach, Artichoke & White Bean Soup (LaaLoosh)
- Spinach, Feta & Artichoke Breakfast Bake (SkinnyTaste)
- Spinach & Artichoke Lasagna Roll-Ups (EmilyBites)
- Spinach & Artichoke Chicken Skillet (HungryGirl)
- Spinach Artichoke Pizza Fingers (DrizzleMeSkinny)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!