Weight Watchers SmartPoints Recipe: 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken
Cook Yourself Slim with 50 of my favorite slow cooker recipes all with PointsPlus & SmartPoints!
I made this 3-ingredient slow cooker creamy Italian chicken recently. It couldn’t have been easier or more delicious.
I just cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts in a little light Italian dressing until they were tender, and then added some reduced-fat cream cheese until it was melty and creamy.
It’s a lighter, healthier, more Weight Watchers friendly variation of a popular crock pot recipe called Cream Cheese Chicken, which usually involves a can of cream-of-something soup, a package of dry Italian salad dressing mix, and an entire block or two of cream cheese and sounds delicious, but which I have yet to try.
Skinny on 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken Made Lighter
This is a super easy recipe perfect for a busy day. Just 3 ingredients and about 5-minutes of hands-on cooking and you’ve got dinner.
Well, almost. You can serve it as is, or over rice or noodles to catch all the yummy sauce.
Add a green vegetable and/or simple side salad and you’ve got a healthy balanced Weight Watchers family-friendly meal.
For best results use a light Italian dressing with lots of flavor. Add crushed red pepper flakes for a hit of spice.
We really really liked this 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken.
According to my calculations each serving has 177 calories and 4* Weight Watchers PointsPlus, 5* WW SmartPoints Enjoy!
(eCourse + eBook)
(eCourse + eBook)
Kitchen Tools I used to make this recipe:
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup favorite reduced fat Italian vinaigrette dressing (use one with a lot of flavor that you really like)
- 4 tablespoons reduced fat cream cheese (2 ounces)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 Quart
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Season the chicken well with salt and pepper and Pour over the dressing.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the chicken breasts are tender.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes. Turn the slow cooker to HIGH. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted and well blended.
- Serve over rice or pasta or with mashed potatoes, and a veggie and/or salad for a complete meal.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Have you seen this Programmable Slow Cooker?
It’s on my wishlist!
More 3-Ingredient Weight Watchers Recipes for the Slow Cooker
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
originally published 9/28/15; updated 9/5/16
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.