WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken with Potatoes
(347 calories | 8 8 3 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
This Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Potatoes with garlic and oregano is a great alternative to oven roasting.
It's easier. Doesn't heat up the kitchen. And is just as delicious.
While cooking, the lemon slices get soft and mellow, infusing the chicken and potatoes with their subtle flavor.
Skinny on Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Potatoes
Dinner doesn't get much easier or tastier than this lemon chicken with potatoes. Just toss everything into the slow cooker, adding the lemon slices during the last hour, so they don't get bitter.
Any colorful vegetable - green beans, carrots, broccoli, asparagus - would make a nice accompaniment. Or make a simple salad if turning on the stove seems like too much effort.
According to my calculations, each serving has 347 calories and:
8 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
8 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To work for Simply Filling, substitute chicken broth for the white wine.
Simple and satisfying, I'll definitely make this again. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you've made this Slow Cooked Lemon Chicken with Potatoes, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Potatoes
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into wedges
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 chicken thighs (5 to 6 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium lemon, sliced and seeded
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4- to 5-Quart
- Place the potatoes in the slow cooker and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Pat the chicken dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the seasoned chicken on top of the potatoes.
- Place the onions, garlic and oregano in a microwave safe bowl and microwave, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the wine and lemon juice and pour the mixture over the chicken and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours. Add the lemon slices, tucking them in and around the chicken and cook for 1 hour more, or until the potatoes and chicken are tender.
- Serve with your favorite colorful vegetables, such as carrots, green beans, broccoli or asparagus.
Source: adapted from The Italian Slow Cooker by Michele Scicolone
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this slow cooker slow cooker lemon chicken and potatoes you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Beer (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs Osso Buco (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Greek Lemon Chicken Thighs and Potatoes (Weight Watchers)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!