Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot Chicken Thighs with Beer and Herbes de Provence
(Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 175 – Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Beer and Herbes de Provence)
I’ve made these easy slow cooker chicken thighs with beer & herbes de provence several times and they’re always a big hit. So, I wanted to be sure to include them in my year of Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking.
I first made the recipe several years ago after coming across it in the Not Your Mother’s Slow Cooker Cookbook.
SALE ends in...
Not sure its right for you?
No worries, that's why we've got a 30 day full happiness guarantee.
Skinny On Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Beer
These slow cooker chicken thighs with beer couldn’t be simpler. Just chicken thighs, salt and pepper, a bottle of beer, Herbes de Provence and a bay leaf of two.
You can find herbes de Provence in the spice aisle. It’s a fragrant blend of rosemary, cracked fennel, thyme, savory, basil, tarragon, dill weed, oregano, lavender, chervil and marjoram, that I really love.
To save fat and calories, I used skinless chicken thighs and light beer.
Once again, these slow cooker cooker chicken thighs with beer and herbes de Provence were gobbled up. You really don’t taste “beer” in the cooked dish at all. (At least I can’t.) Even my Mom, who is not a beer fan, thought it was delicious. Enjoy!
- Cooking Spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs, skin removed (4 to 6 ounces each)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 12 ounces light beer
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 2 bay leaves
- Use a 4-quart slow cooker. Coat the ceramic insert with cooking spray.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Cook until they are lightly browned, about 3 minutes and then turn them over and brown on the other side, about 3 minutes more.
- Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker. Return the skillet to the stove. Add the bottle of beer to the skillet, and heat until boiling, stirring to incorporate all the browned bits that are on the bottom of the pan. Stir in the herbes de provence and bay leaves, and cook for another minute or so.
- Pour the beer mixture into the slow cooker over the chicken thighs.
- Cover and cook on HIGH, until the thighs are fork tender, about 4-1/2 hours or on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
Source: adapted from Not Your Mother’s Slow Cooker Cookbook
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® for slow cooker chicken thighs with beer and herbes de Provence calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc.
If you liked this post and recipe for slow cooker chicken thighs with beer and herbes de Provence, you might also like:
Today’s food for thought…
“Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify.”
~ Henry David Thoreau
Do you have a favorite quote? I’d love for you to leave it for me in the comments!!
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
This post contains Affiliate Links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links, I receive a commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.