WW Recipe of the Day: Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken Thighs
(172 calories | *4 WW SmartPoints)
We really like chicken thighs cooked in the slow cooker. They turn out much more moist and tender than chicken breasts – like these low carb slow cooked balsamic chicken thighs.
The WW Points value is a little higher for chicken thighs, but I think it’s worth it. Life is too short to eat dry, stringy chicken, which can happen easily if you cook chicken breasts too long in the slow cooker.
Needless to say, I’m always on the lookout for simple, delicious crock pot chicken thigh recipes.
The Skinny on Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken Thighs
This recipe for gluten-free Balsamic Chicken Thighs couldn’t be simpler or more Weight Watchers friendly.
Just season your chicken well with your favorite spice blend (I like Montreal Chicken Seasoning) and pop them in the slow cooker. Then drizzle on balsamic vinegar and let them cook until tender.
If you want to pretty them up for serving, arrange the thighs on a platter and garnish with chopped fresh tomatoes and basil, creating a bruschetta effect.
According to my calculations, each serving has just 172 calories, *4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made these Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken Thighs, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken Thighs
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (for garnish if desired)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped tomatoes (for garnish if desired)
- Ideal slow cooker size: 1-1/2 to 2-Quart.
- Grease slow cooker.
- Season the chicken thighs all over with Montreal chicken seasoning or other seasoning of your choice.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and pour in the balsamic vinegar.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the chicken thighs are tender when pierced with a fork.
- To serve, place on a platter, drizzle with juices from the crock pot. Sprinkle with chopped tomatoes and basil if desired.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked Balsamic Chicken Thighs, you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Beer
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs Osso Buco
- Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken Thighs
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!