WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Beer and Herbs de Provence
(243 calories | 5 5 5 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
I’ve made these easy low carb Chicken Thighs with Beer and Herbes de Provence several times and they’re always a a big hit. Simple enough for a weeknight supper, yet special enough for casual entertaining.
I think I found the recipe in Not Your Mother’s Slow Cooker Cookbook , but I can’t be sure and have no way to check because the book is in Wisconsin and I’m here in Phoenix.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Beer and Herbes de Provence
It’s the kind of dish, that’s so simple – just some chicken thighs, salt and pepper, a bottle of beer, Herbes de Provence and a bay leaf or two – you really don’t need a recipe.
We prefer chicken thighs in the slow cooker. They stay moist and tender, unlike chicken breasts that can dry out and get stringy.
According the the back of the jar, “Herbes de Provence has been popular for centuries, combining traditional French herbs, Italian fennel, and lavender blossoms.”
The ingredients list includes: rosemary, cracked fennel, thyme, savory, basil, tarragon, dill weed, oregano, lavender, chervil and marjoram.
Once again, these slow cooker cooker chicken thighs cooked with beer and herbes de Provence were gobbled up.
You really don’t taste “beer” in the cooked dish at all. At least I can’t.
Even my Mom, who is not a beer fan, thought it was delicious.
But if you’re not convinced, you could always substitute the same amount of chicken broth instead.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Chicken Dish?
According to my calculations, each serving has 243 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
The recipe directs you to give the thighs a quick turn in the skillet before dumping them into your slow cooker, but if you are short on time you can skip this step. Enjoy!
If you like this easy slow cooker chicken made with Herbes de Provence and beer, be sure to check out my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly slow cooker chicken recipes including 2-Ingredient Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken, Slow Cooker Chicken Marbella, Skinny Five Spice Chicken, Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken and Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken Thighs
If you’ve made these low carb Chicken Thighs with Beer and Herbes de Provence , please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Beer & Herbes de Provence
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs, skin removed (about 4-6 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper
- 12 ounces beer
- 2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- 2 bay leaves
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Coat the ceramic insert of your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Cook until they are lightly browned, about 3 minutes, and then turn them over and brown on the other side, about 3 minutes more.
- Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Return the skillet to the stove. Add the bottle of beer to the skillet, and heat until boiling, stirring to incorporate all the browned bits that are on the bottom of the pan. Stir in the herbes de provence and bay leaves, and cook for another minute or so.
- Pour the beer mixture into the slow cooker over the chicken thighs.
- Cover and cook on HIGH, until the thighs are fork tender, about 4-1/2 hours.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you can’t find Herbes de Provence in your local store, this video shows you how to make your own spice blend:
Watch how Appalachia Homestead makes her own simple Herbes de Provence Crock Pot Chicken
More Weight Watchers Chicken Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken (Recipe-Diaries)
- Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken (SkinnyTaste)
- Easy Peasy Skinny Crock Pot Chicken (SkinnyKitchen)
- Hawaiian Slow Cooker Chicken (HungryGirl)
- Slow Cooker Coconut Basil Chicken (SlenderKitchen)
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken (EmilyBites)
- Slow Cooker Tomato Balsamic Chicken (SlenderKitchen)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!