WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Caribbean Jerk Chicken
Here's another winner from the slow cooker. This incredibly easy slow cooker Caribbean jerk chicken recipe results in well-seasoned chicken with just a hint of heat for very little effort.
Simply rub your chicken with a blend of spices and then squeeze on some lime juice. Let your slow cooker do the rest.
Caribbean Jerk Chicken Recipe Notes
After 4 hours in the crock pot on HIGH, this Caribbean Jerk Chicken was juicy and fall-off-the-bone tender.
It was well seasoned with just a hint of heat. Perfect for us.
The skin doesn't get crispy, which is fine because I'm not tempted to eat it, making it easy to save the calories and points 🙂
I have received the following question several times recently so thought it was worth sharing with you here...
Q: If you discard the skin on the chicken breast from a whole chicken or rotisserie chicken, does it count 0 points on WW?
A: That depends on which myWW Plan you are following. Yes, According to the WW website, As long as you're eating the breast meat, removing the skin will keep it *0 SmartPoints value. Which means the breast meat from this Slow Cooker Caribbean Jerk Chicken would be *0 Points if you are following the blue or purple plan. 3 ounces would be 2 SmartPoints on the Green Plan.
We enjoyed it served with baked sweet potatoes and broccoli. It would be delicious over rice too. A definite do-over!
How Many Calories and Weight Watchers Points in Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken?
According to my calculations each serving has 208 calories and
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan) (3 ounces breast meat w/o skin)
0 *SmartPoints (Blue plan) (3 ounces breast meat w/o skin)
0 *SmartPoints (Purple plan) (3 ounces breast meat w/o skin)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan) (3 ounces breast meat w/o skin)
Each 4 ounce serving of thigh/dark meat without skin has 4 SmartPoints (Green, Blue, Purple) on myWW.
If you like this easy recipe for Caribbean Jerk Chicken, be sure to check out some of my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly slow cooker recipes including 2-Ingredient BBQ Chicken, Goddess Chicken with Artichokes, 2-Ingredient Italian Chicken, Maple Mustard Chicken and Chicken Thighs Osso Buco
If you've made this Crock Pot Caribbean Jerk Chicken, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Caribbean Jerk Chicken Recipe
- 1 chicken (about 3-½ pounds)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 limes, juiced
- Ideal Slow cooker Size: 6-Quart.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, salt, and spices. Rub the spice mix all over the chicken inside and out.
- Flip the chicken breast side down to keep the breast meat as juicy as possible while cooking.
- Pour the lime juice over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours, or on HIGH for about 4 hours, until the chicken is done and practically falling off the bone. (Mine was perfect after 4 hours on high.)
- Remove the skin before serving. Serve with additional lime wedges if desired.
Source: slightly adapted from 365 Slow Cooker Suppers by Stephanie O'Dea.
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Healthy Chicken Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken (SkinnyTaste)
- Hawaiian Slow Cooker Chicken (HungryGirl)
- Slow Cooker Kickin' Chicken Pasta (EmilyBites)
- Slow Cooker Honey-Garlic Chicken (SlenderKitchen)
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken (RecipeDiaries)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!