Here’s another winner from the slow cooker. This incredibly easy slow cooker Caribbean jerk chicken recipe results in well-seasoned chicken with just a hint of heat for very little effort.
Simply rub your chicken with a blend of spices and then squeeze on some lime juice. Let your slow cooker do the rest.
Slow Cooker Caribbean Jerk Chicken Recipe Notes
After 4 hours in the crock pot on HIGH, this Caribbean Jerk Chicken was juicy and fall-off-the-bone tender.
It was well seasoned with just a hint of heat. Perfect for us.
The skin doesn’t get crispy, which is fine because I’m not tempted to eat it, making it easy to save the calories and points 🙂
I have received the following question several times recently so thought it was worth sharing with you here…
Q: If you discard the skin on the chicken breast from a whole chicken or rotisserie chicken, does it count 0 points on WW?
A: Yes, According to the WW website, As long as you’re eating the breast meat, removing the skin will keep it *0 SmartPoints value. Which means the breast meat from this Slow Cooker Caribbean Jerk Chicken would be *0 Points on the new WW Freestyle Program.
We enjoyed it served with baked sweet potatoes and broccoli. It would be delicious over rice too. A definite do-over!
According to my calculations each serving has 208 calories and *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *4 WW SmartPoints. Breast meat without skin is *0 SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this easy recipe for Caribbean Jerk Chicken, be sure to check out some of my other easy, healthy Weight Watchers friendly slow cooker recipes including 2-Ingredient BBQ Chicken, Goddess Chicken with Artichokes, 2-Ingredient Italian Chicken, Maple Mustard Chicken and Chicken Thighs Osso Buco
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Caribbean Jerk Chicken, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Slow Cooker Caribbean Jerk Chicken Recipe
- 1 chicken (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 limes, juiced
- Ideal Slow cooker Size: 6-Quart.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, salt, and spices. Rub the spice mix all over the chicken inside and out.
- Flip the chicken breast side down to keep the breast meat as juicy as possible while cooking.
- Pour the lime juice over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours, or on HIGH for about 4 hours, until the chicken is done and practically falling off the bone. (Mine was perfect after 4 hours on high.)
- Remove the skin before serving. Serve with additional lime wedges if desired.
Source: slightly adapted from 365 Slow Cooker Suppers by Stephanie O’Dea.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Healthy Chicken Recipes for the Slow Cooker:
- Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken (SkinnyTaste)
- Hawaiian Slow Cooker Chicken (HungryGirl)
- Slow Cooker Kickin’ Chicken Pasta (EmilyBites)
- Slow Cooker Honey-Garlic Chicken (SlenderKitchen)
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken (RecipeDiaries)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!