WW Recipe of the Day – Slow Cooker 2-Ingredient Italian Chicken
(158 calories | 5 2 2 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Everyone will love this super easy slow cooker Italian chicken.
With just 2 ingredients, it’s perfect when you’re short of time or feeling incredibly lazy but still need to get dinner on the table.
All you need are frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts and a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce.
I sometimes add a little more garlic powder, splash of red wine and extra teaspoon or two of dried Italian seasoning, or oregano, to jazz things up a bit.
Skinny on Easy Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
This is one of my favorite, super-easy, busy day go-to meals.
But since Rod’s not a huge red sauce fan, I don’t make it as often as I might. He prefers this creamy 3-Ingredient version made with Italian dressing and light cream cheese.
According to my calculations, each serving (not including pasta or zoodles) has about 158 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
2 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
4 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Under the Weight Watchers Freestyle Plan (Blue plan), this is reduced to *2 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
To make this easy slow cooker Italian chicken work for Simply Filling, you could use plain canned tomato sauce (instead of jarred spaghetti sauce) and season it up yourself with garlic, basil, oregano, etc.
If you enjoy this easy slow cooker Italian chicken, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including 3-Ingredient Creamy Italian Chicken Made Lighter, Italian-Style Pot Roast, 3-Ingredient Italian Beef, Italian (Pizza) Sloppy Joes and Italian Pork & White Bean Stew
If you’ve made this 2-Ingredient Italian Crock Pot Chicken, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Easy Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
- 8 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 jar (about 26 ounces or so) marinara / tomato based spaghetti sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning (optional)
- Cooked spaghetti, pasta or zucchini noodles for serving (if desired)
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Place the frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Stir the Italian seasoning into the sauce, if using. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until the chicken is fork tender.
- Break the chicken into bite-size pieces before serving.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over spaghetti, your favorite pasta or zucchini noodles.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Watch this video to see how easy it is to make your own version of Crock Pot Italian Tomato Chicken:
More Weight Watchers Friendly Italian Chicken Recipes
- Baked Chicken Parmesan (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- One-Pot Italian Chicken & Quinoa (Cookin’Canuck)
- Sheet Pan Italian Chicken & Veggies (SkinnyTaste)
- Slow Cooker Italian Red Pepper Chicken (SlenderKitchen)
- Italian Herbed Chicken in a Creamy Mushroom Wine Sauce (LaaLoosh)
- Italian Pesto Chicken Bake (SlenderKitchen)
Here’s another easy way to make slow cooker Italian chicken for dinner using Italian dressing instead of marinara suace you might like:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!