Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Easy Healthy Baked Chicken Parmesan
A short time ago I received this recipe for this easy healthy baked chicken parmesan from one of my Weight Watcher’s AT WORK meeting members, who said it’s a dish her whole family enjoys.
As soon as I read the description, lightly breaded chicken cutlets topped with sliced fresh tomatoes, basil leaves and a sprinkling of mozzarella, and then quickly baked, I added it to my list of “must try” recipes.
The recipe is from the Weight Watchers cookbook, Simply Delicious : 245 No-Fuss Recipes–All 8 POINTS or Less, which has now been added to my Amazon Wish List.
To save fat and calories, I’ve been baking my chicken parmesan for years, using a more traditional topping of marinara sauce and mozzarella.
This sounded even lighter and healthier!
Skinny on Weight Watchers Baked Chicken Parmesan
To increase the crispy factor of this healthy baked chicken parmesan, I used Panko instead of the plain dry bread crumbs called for.
And following the instructions to brush the chicken with reduced-calorie mayonnaise before coating with the crumbs kept the chicken incredibly moist and tender.
As you can see from the photo, my chicken breasts were much bigger than 4 ounces, so I used my Electronic Food Scale and divided them into reasonable portions before serving.
A refreshing change from traditional chicken parmesan, Rod and I liked this easy healthy baked chicken parmesan so much we ended up eating this lighter healthier version two nights in a row.
According to my calculations, each serving of this Healthy Baked Chicken Parmesan has about 297 calories, *8 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *6 SmartPoints and *5 Freestyle SmartPoints.
Watch this video to see how Dani from Clean & Delicious makes her own version of Baked Chicken Parmesan:
If you like this healthy baked chicken parmesan, be sure to check out my other easy Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: Simple 2-Ingredient Slow Cooker Italian Chicken, WW Spaghetti with Chicken Meatballs, Crock Pot Chicken Marbella, Chicken & Polenta with Zucchini Tomato Sauce and Easy 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken
WW Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 4 (4 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even 1/2-inch thickness
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 large tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 basil leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425F degrees. Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and then brush both sides of them with the mayonnaise.
- Place the crumbs in a large zipper-close plastic bag. Add the chicken breasts, one at a time, and shake to coat evenly with the crumbs.
- Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
- Top each piece of chicken with the tomato slices and then drizzle evenly with the oil.
- Top each tomato slice with the basil and then sprinkle evenly with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted and bubbly and beginning to turn lightly golden, 12 to 18 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve.
Source: Slightly adapted from Simply Delicious : 245 No-Fuss Recipes–All 8 POINTS or Less
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
This video from Betty’s Kitchen demonstrates how she makes crispy oven-baked parmesan chicken breasts:
More Lightened-Up Chicken Parm Recipes for Weight Watchers:
One-Pan Parmesan-Crusted Chicken with Broccoli (SkinnyTaste)
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan (EmilyBites)
Chicken Parmesan Pie (DrizzleMeSkinny)
Pan-Fried Chicken Parmesan (HungryGirl)
Chicken Parmigiana Burgers (SkinnyTaste)
Chicken Parmesan Casserole (EmilyBites)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!