WW Recipe of the Day: Chicken and Polenta with Zucchini Tomato Sauce
(266 calories | 8 5 5 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Here's a simple chicken dinner recipe with just 5 ingredients that comes together in 30 minutes or less.
Baked slices of prepared polenta and chicken breasts topped with a simple zucchini tomato sauce. This quick and easy recipe comes from Weight Watchers PointsPlus Fresh, Fabulous, Fast Cookbook, a useful little book I picked up at a Weight Watchers meeting several years ago.
Skinny on Chicken and Polenta with Zucchini Tomato Sauce
Simple, tasty and satisfying, with minimal ingredients and effort, I'll definitely be making this recipe again.
It's easily adaptable too. Though the recipe calls for zucchini, use whatever vegetables you like best. Onions, peppers, mushrooms would all be great.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Chicken Dinner?
According to my calculations, each serving has 266 calories and:
8 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Serve with a simple tossed green salad. Enjoy!
If you've made this Chicken and Polenta with Zucchini Tomato Sauce, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
WW Chicken & Polenta with Zucchini Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 1 tube (16 ounces) plain polenta, sliced into 8 rounds
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 cups low fat, low sugar tomato basil marinara sauce
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat the broiler. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Arrange the polenta in a single layer on the baking sheet. Broil the polenta 4 inches from the heat until lightly browned and heated through, 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray and set it over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Put the chicken breasts in the skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked though, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add zucchini to the skillet and cook, stirring often, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato basil marinara sauce and water. Cook, stirring often, until heated through, 2-3 minutes.
- Place two slices of polenta on each of four plates. Top with chicken breast and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Easy Chicken Recipes for Weight Watchers:
- Skinny Lemon Pepper Chicken Breasts
- Weight Watchers Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs Osso Buco
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!