WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Mustard Maple Chicken
(217 calories | 4 4 4 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
Today I am sharing a recipe for a Weight Watchers friendly Maple Mustard Chicken. I love mustard, maple and rosemary, so combining them to make this slow cooker mustard maple chicken seemed like a good idea.
I got the idea from Budget Bytes, one of my favorite food blogs.
Seasoning the thighs with McCormick Smokehouse Maple seasoning before topping them with the sauce was a last minute idea that worked.
But salt and pepper will work too.
My sister introduced me to the Smokehouse Maple seasoning a couple of years ago and I’m forever grateful. I love how quickly and easily it livens up grilled salmon and chicken.
If you’re not a fan of rosemary, just skip it or use dried thyme instead.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Mustard Maple Chicken
This slow cooker mustard maple chicken is pretty healthy just as it is. You can shave a point or two by using boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead if you want. But, I much prefer thighs because they turn out more tender and are much less likely to dry out.
According to my calculations, each serving of this slow cooker mustard maple chicken has about 217 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
Slow Cooker Mustard Maple Chicken Recipe Substitutions & Variations
No Maple Syrup? Use honey, golden syrup or rice syrup instead
No Chicken? This would be delicious with lean pork chops or pork roast too
Spicier: Add a pinch or two of crushed red pepper flakes
No Rosemary? Skip it or use dried thyme leaves instead
If you liked this skinny mustard maple chicken, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including: Slow Cooker Cider Braised Chicken Thighs, Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs Osso Buco, Crock Pot Artichoke Chicken, Slow Cooker Chicken with Beer and Herbes de Provence and Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken Thighs
If you’ve made this Low Carb Maple Dijon Chicken, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Chicken with Mustard & Maple Recipe
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Black Pepper
- McCormick Grill Mates Smokehouse Maple seasoning (optional)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried)
- 2 teaspoons instant (granulated) tapioca (for thickening)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
- Ideal slow cooker size: 3- to 4-Quart.
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker.
- Trim the chicken thighs of any excess fat and season well with salt and pepper and SmokeHouse maple seasoning, if using.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, maple syrup, rosemary, tapioca, soy sauce and garlic. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until the chicken is tender.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
This brief video demonstrates how easy it is to make slow cooker honey mustard chicken at home:
More Easy and Healthy Chicken Recipes for Weight Watchers
- Chicken Thighs with Artichoke Hearts & Feta Cheese (SkinnyTaste)
- Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Broiled Asian Chicken Thighs (SlenderKitchen)
- Grilled Chicken Thighs with Pineapple, Corn & Bell Pepper Relish (EatYourselfSkinny)
- Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore (SkinnyTaste)
Watch how to make slow cooker honey mustard garlic chicken with seasonal vegetables:
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!