Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day – Crock Pot Artichoke Chicken
(165 calories | *1 SmartPoint)
I think this crock pot artichoke chicken is the best dinner I’ve made in the slow cooker so far that’s both low carb and low fat.
It turned out so tender and flavorful. But, I’m partial to the ingredients: artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and Kalamata olives.
I cooked it in my Ninja 3-in-1 Cooking System , which Mom surprised me with last Christmas. I’m very lucky to have such a generous mom!
Skinny on CrockPot Artichoke Chicken
The original crock pot artichoke chicken recipe called for boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I have trouble with breasts drying out in the slow cooker, unless I’m very, very careful. Which often I’m not.
We much prefer boneless, skinless thighs in the slow cooker. They stay moist and tender with less babysitting. And have more flavor.
They are a little more pricey in terms of Weight Watchers SmartPoints too.
I think it’s worth it, but it’s totally your call. (I’ve included the nutritional estimates for both.)
Three generations of eaters loved this dish. We four adults all gave it an enthusiastic thumbs up. Even my 2-1/2 year old grandbaby gobbled up the chicken without the sauce.
These are Weight Watchers size servings. It would be easy to eat two servings of this crock pot artichoke chicken because it is so delicious.
Not such a bad thing since the points are pretty low.
According to my calculations, each serving made with chicken breasts has just *1 Freestyle SmartPoint and *4 WW Freestyle SmartPoints if you use thighs.
And if you skip the olives, I think this works for Simply Filling. I will definitely be making this again. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Low Carb Artichoke Chicken, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Crock Pot Artichoke Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts - I used thighs (Each piece of chicken should be about 4 ounces each.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can (14 ounces) quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup non-fat chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Ideal slow cooker size: 6-Quart.
- Coat the ceramic insert of your slow cooker with cooking spray. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the tomatoes, artichoke hearts, onion, olives, broth, wine, tapioca, parsley, basil and thyme. Pour mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW, 4 to 6 hours or until fork tender. (Mine were fork tender at 4 hours so I switched the ninja to warm for several hours till dinner.)
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this crock pot artichoke chicken recipe, you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
- Skinny & Delicious Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken
- Low Fat Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs Osso Buco
- Slow Cooker Cider Braised Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Beer and Herbes de Provence
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!