WW Recipe of the Day – Low-Fat Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
(267 calories | 2 0 0 myWW *SmartPoints value per serving)
The first time I had chicken cacciatore was in little Italian restaurant in Boston back when I was in college. I immediately fell in love.
This low fat slow cooker chicken cacciatore is a lot easier and healthier than the original.
But just as good, considering how easy it is. It’s always a hit when I make it.
The Skinny on Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
For spicier flavor, add a pinch or two of crushed pepper flakes into your slow cooker along with the Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
I like to serve this low-fat slow cooker chicken cacciatore over whole wheat pasta, zucchini noodles or with crusty bread for mopping up the sauce.
According to my calculations, each serving of this skinny chicken cacciatore has 267 calories and:
2 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
0 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like a thicker sauce, you could always remove the chicken and then reduce the sauce a bit. Just turn up the slow cooker to high and let it bubble, uncovered for about 30 minutes. Then return the chicken to the slow cooker once the sauce is thickened to your liking. Enjoy!
If you’ve made this Low-Fat Chicken Cacciatore, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Low-Fat Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (about 28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- Add the mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, celery, crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning and garlic powder and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours. (Mine was done in 5 hours, so I flipped the setting to warm until dinnertime.)
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you liked this slow cooker chicken cacciatore, you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pasta Fagioli
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
- Skinny & Delicious Southwestern Slow Cooker Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs Osso Buco
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!