Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs
We eat a lot of grilled fish or chicken and vegetables around here during the summer. It's one of my go to weeknight meals.
But it's easy to get stuck in a rut. So, I'm always on the lookout for quick and easy recipes for grilled chicken.
The Skinny on Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs
Talk about quick and easy, it takes about 10 minutes to stir together the spices and rub them on the chicken. And another 10 to 15 minutes to grill the chicken.
The only change I made was to use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts. I think they are more flavorful. And the thighs stay moist and tender, even if left on the grill a little too long.
My grilling skills are less than perfect, so this is an important consideration. But if you prefer breasts, make the switch.
While the chicken cooks, you can grill some vegetables or toss together a simple salad. And as easy as that, dinner is done. It's the kind of fast food dinner you can enjoy without guilt. Rod, Mom and I all gave these spicy grilled chicken thighs our seal of approval.
According to my calculations, each serving of spicy grilled chicken thighs has 176 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
3 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
If you've made these Grilled Low Carb Spicy Chicken Thighs, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (4 ounces each)
- Combine the brown sugar, paprika, onion powder, salt and chili powder and rub all over the chicken.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil. Using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack with the oil.
- Grill the chicken thighs, covered, over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, until opaque and cooked through or until a thermometer reads 170°F.
- If you don't have a thermometer, to test for doneness, pierce a thigh with a knife and, if the juice is clear, the thighs are done.
Source: Recipe adapted from Sweet and Spicy Grilled Chicken
*PersonalPoints® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More WW Friendly Chicken Thighs Recipes
- Simple Baked Lemon Chicken Thighs
- Weight Watchers Grilled Ginger Lime Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Beer and Herbs de Provence
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!