WW Recipe of the Day: Grilled Ginger Lime Chicken
Boneless skinless chicken thighs soaked in a tasty ginger-lime marinade for several hours and then grilled until tender. This recipe for Grilled Ginger-Lime Chicken appeared in the WW Weekly for May 27-June 2, 2012.
As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to give it a try. When I checked the reviews online, they were mostly very complimentary. But several people said they thought the chicken would be better grilled, rather than broiled as suggested in the original recipe.
So, I decided to fire up the grill instead of using the broiler.
I used boneless skinless thighs instead of breasts, but either will work. And the recipe called for chili oil, which I didn't have, so I substituted olive oil and added about a teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes instead.
As you can see from the photo, our grilled ginger lime chicken got charred a bit during grilling. Next time I will lower the heat a little. This can happen pretty easily when you are using a marinade with sugar or honey in it. I've got a long way to go, before feeling like I've mastered the grill 🙂
The important thing was that the chicken tasted great. We had it with steamed rice and broccoli. I gave some of the leftovers to Mom to try and she emailed me to tell me how much she liked it too. So, this grilled ginger lime chicken recipe is going in the "Make Again" file.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Grilled Chicken?
According to my calculations, each serving has 229 calories and:
5 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
5 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
5 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
Are You Ready To Firmly Plant Yourself
On The Path To Lasting Weight Loss Success?
If you've made this Low Carb Ginger-Lime Grilled Chicken, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Grilled Ginger Lime Chicken Recipe
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons finely minced or grated ginger root
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons finely minced scallions
- In a small glass bowl, combine the soy sauce, lime juice, lime zest, ginger, garlic, honey, oil and 2 tablespoons of the cilantro. Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade to use for basting when you cook the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a plastic zipper bag and add the marinade. Squeeze the air from the bag and close it. Place the bag of chicken in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Grill the chicken over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Flip and brush the chicken with the reserved marinade. Grill until the chicken is cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes more.
- To serve, place the grilled chicken on a platter and sprinkle with the scallions and remaining cilantro.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.If you liked this recipe for Ginger Lime Chicken, check out these links:
- Skinny Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken (Simple Nourished Living)
- Skinny Maple Glazed Chicken Breasts (Simple Nourished Living)
- BBQ Chicken with Grilled Sweet Potatoes (Weight Watchers)
- Grilled Chicken with Spinach and Melted Mozzarella (SkinnyTaste)
- Cooking Light's Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Tomato-Avocado Salsa (MyRecipes)
- Baked Mustard Lime Chicken (Elana's Pantry)
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
I love ginger lime chicken. This is making me very hungry!
Maureen @ Orgasmic Chef
Gosh this recipe sounds good! It's a perfect meal for those of us not wanting to pack on weight but still have a great dinner.
I love this recipe. A summer favorite!
I know mad! It's a winner!!
This is a fabulous recipe! It is simple and very tasty which is not always easy to find when your goal is health. I fed my house full of picky grown boys and they all loved it and ask for it often now! I usually tweak recipes I find a bit to fit all of our tastes, but with this one I only add a little more garlic. Which isn't necessary at all, I'm just a garlic fiend!
Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know how much you and your family of picky grown boys likes this grilled ginger lime chicken. We had the same reaction the first time we tried it. I'm with you, a little more garlic always works with me too 🙂
Great flavor and very tender. I will be making this again!