Boneless skinless chicken thighs soaked in a tasty ginger-lime marinade for several hours and then grilled until tender. This recipe for Grilled Ginger-Lime Chicken appeared in the May 27-June 2, 2012. As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to give it a try. When I checked the reviews online, they were mostly very complimentary. But several people said they thought the chicken would be better grilled, rather than broiled as suggested in the original recipe.
So, I decided to fire up the grill instead of using the broiler.
Skinny on Weight Watchers Grilled Ginger Lime Chicken
I used boneless skinless thighs instead of breasts, but either will work. And the recipe called for chili oil, which I didn’t have, so I substituted olive oil and added about a teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes instead.
As you can see from the photo, our grilled ginger lime chicken got charred a bit during grilling. Next time I will lower the heat a little. This can happen pretty easily when you are using a marinade with sugar or honey in it. I’ve got a long way to go, before feeling like I’ve mastered the grill 🙂
The important thing was that the chicken tasted great. We had it with steamed rice and broccoli. I gave some of the leftovers to Mom to try and she emailed me to tell me how much she liked it too. So, this grilled ginger lime chicken recipe is going in the “Make Again” file.
Weight Watchers Grilled Ginger Lime Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons finely minced or grated ginger root
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons finely minced scallions
- In a small glass bowl, combine the soy sauce, lime juice, lime zest, ginger, garlic, honey, oil and 2 tablespoons of the cilantro. Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade to use for basting when you cook the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a plastic zipper bag and add the marinade. Squeeze the air from the bag and close it. Place the bag of chicken in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Grill the chicken over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Flip and brush the chicken with the reserved marinade. Grill until the chicken is cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes more.
- To serve, place the grilled chicken on a platter and sprinkle with the scallions and remaining cilantro.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.If you liked this post and recipe for Weight Watchers Grilled Ginger Lime Chicken, check out these links:
- Skinny Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken (Simple Nourished Living)
- Skinny Maple Glazed Chicken Breasts (Simple Nourished Living)
- BBQ Chicken with Grilled Sweet Potatoes (Weight Watchers)
- Grilled Chicken with Spinach and Melted Mozzarella (SkinnyTaste)
- Cooking Light’s Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Tomato-Avocado Salsa (MyRecipes)
- Baked Mustard Lime Chicken (Elana’s Pantry)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!