Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Skinny Maple Glazed Chicken Breasts
Looking for a new way to serve up boneless skinless chicken breasts?
Here’s a tasty recipe for maple-glazed chicken I made for dinner this week.
The Skinny on Maple Glazed Chicken Breasts
I modified a recipe from a fun little cookbook called, Not Just Beans: 50 Years of Frugal Family Favorites, by Tawra Jean Kellam, to make it a little lighter and healthier, by reducing the amounts of butter and maple syrup called for a bit.
I also sprinkled the chicken breasts with McCormick’s SmokeHouse Maple Grill Mates Seasoning before popping them in the oven for an extra punch of flavor.
My sister turned me onto this flavorful spice blend several months ago, when she used it on grilled salmon.
Don’t you just love all the rubs and spice blends available in the grocery store these days?
They can really help you jazz up everything – from chicken, meat and fish to vegetables – in a hurry.
I served these maple glazed chicken breasts with a blend of white and wild rice and steamed broccoli for a simple, satisfying supper and a nice change from all the restaurant meals I’ve been eating lately.
Everyone thought this chicken was delicious, so I’m adding the recipe to my collection of go-to quick and easy ways to make chicken breasts for dinner.
According to my calculations, each maple glazed chicken breast has about 194 calories, *5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus and just *4 Freestyle SmartPoints following the new plan for 2018.
Skinny Maple Glazed Chicken Breasts Recipe Variations
This quick and easy recipe is adaptable too.
You could also broil or grill the chicken, adding the glaze when the chicken is cooked about half-way. Use whatever seasoning you prefer.
To keep things simple, you could just season the breasts with salt and pepper before putting them in the oven.
I love the McCormick Smokehouse Maple Grill Mates.
Do you have a favorite quick easy way to prepare chicken breasts that’s also healthy? I would love to hear all about it!
Skinny Maple Glazed Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 (5 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Smokehouse Maple Seasoning blend or other seasoning, to taste
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season the chicken breasts with your favorite seasoning blend, or salt and pepper, and place them in the baking dish.
- Bake the chicken breasts for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, make the maple glaze. In a small saucepan, mix together the maple syrup, lemon juice and butter over medium heat until the butter is melted. Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Once the chicken has cooked for 10 minutes, remove it from the oven and pour the glaze evenly over the chicken, or brush it on.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes more or until the chicken's juices run clear when cut with the tip of a sharp knife.
Recipe Source: Not Just Beans: 50 Years of Frugal Family Favorites, by Tawra Jean Kellam
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
More Weight Watchers Friendly Ways to Prepare Chicken
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!