WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Chicken
(190 calories | *2 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
I’ve got a healthy slow cooker chicken recipe for you today – Easy Cranberry Apple Chicken.
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, simmered with apples, cranberries, and apple juice in the slow cooker until tender, this low fat one-pot wonder couldn’t be easier, more delicious, or more perfect for this busy time of year.
I’m ashamed to admit that I first cooked up this dish last fall and then somehow managed to lose track of it until recently, when I was working to get my recipes organized.
Do you struggle with staying organized too? I’m hoping to make more progress streamlining and simplifying my life in the coming year! Interested in joining me?
An instant hit last year, now that I’ve rediscovered this healthy slow cooker cranberry apple chicken, I can’t wait to make it again.
Skinny on Healthy Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Chicken
Light, but satisfying and flavorful, this low calorie one-dish slow cooker cranberry apple chicken was an instant hit when I first made it last fall.
Delicious served with wild rice, mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes and your favorite green vegetable for a satisfying meal.
According to my calculations each serving has 190 calories, *4 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *4 Weight Watchers SmartPoints, *2 Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers new myWW Green, Blue and Purple plans? Watch this short video to learn more:
If you like this easy slow cooker recipe for gluten-free cranberry apple chicken, be sure to check out my other Weight Watchers friendly recipes including Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki with Pineapple, Slow Cooker Cuban Citrus Chicken, Slow Cooker Chicken Marbella, Crock Pot Turkey & Garlic and Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs with Herbes de Provence & Beer.
If you’ve made low fat Cranberry Apple Chicken, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Healthy Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 green apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice or cider
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minute tapioca
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with cranberries and apples.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the brown sugar, apple juice and tapioca and pour over the chicken and fruit.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until the chicken is tender.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Favorite Slow Cookers:
Watch this video to see another easy slow cooker recipe for apple juice chicken:
More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes for Watchers Watchers
- Crock Pot Maple Dijon Chicken Drumsticks (SkinnyTaste)
- Slow Cooker Sweet Apple BBQ Chicken (HungryGirl)
- Slow Cooker Tomato Balsamic Chicken (SlenderKitchen)
- Slow Cooker Bacon Apple Chicken Stew (HungryGirl)
- Slow Cooker Apple BBQ Pulled Turkey (SlenderKitchen)
- Slow Cooker Apple Bacon BBQ Chicken (EmilyBites)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!