Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Healthy Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Chicken – 4 SmartPoints
I’ve got a healthy slow cooker chicken recipe for you today – Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Chicken. If you are a Weight Watcher, you can never have too many slow cooker chicken recipes, right?
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, simmered with apples, cranberries, and apple juice in the slow cooker until tender, this one pot wonder couldn’t be easier, more delicious, or more perfect for this busy time of year.
I’m ashamed to admit that I first cooked up this dish last fall and then somehow managed to lose track of it until recently when I was working to get my recipes organized.
Do you struggle with staying organized too? I’m hoping to make more progress streamlining and simplifying my life in 2016! Interested in joining me?
An instant hit last year, now that I’ve rediscovered this healthy slow cooker cranberry apple chicken, I can’t wait to make it again.
Skinny on Healthy Slow Cooker Cranberry Apple Chicken
Light, but satisfying and flavorful, this low calorie one-dish slow cooker cranberry apple chicken was an instant hit when I first made it last fall. Delicious served with wild rice, mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes and your favorite green vegetable for a satisfying meal.
According to my calculations each serving has 4* WW PointsPlus and *4 SmartPoints. Enjoy!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 green apple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice or cider
- 1-1/2 tablespoons minute tapioca
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with cranberries and apples.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the brown sugar, apple juice and tapioca and pour over the chicken and fruit.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until the chicken is tender.
Source: Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly Revised & Updated: 600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes For Your Slow Cooker
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
Favorite Slow Cookers:
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.