Weight Watchers Friendly Crock Pot Cooking Day 194 – Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken with Pineapple
Here’s a super easy recipe for slow cooker teriyaki chicken. With just 5 ingredients dinner doesn’t get much easier or more delicious.
It’s really not that hard to make teriyaki sauce from scratch, which is what I did for this Teriyaki Chicken stir-fry a while back.
But sometimes I prefer the ease of opening a bottle.
The key is finding a high quality teriyaki sauce without a lot of additives and preservatives that you like.
It will make a huge difference. (I like both SoyVay and Kikkoman Takumi brands.)
Can't Decide What To Cook After A Long Day?
Weekly Meal Plans + Shopping Lists = Healthier, Happier You!
Healthy Meal Planning Made Easy allows you to create custom healthy meal plans with WW SmartPoints that fit your family size, schedule, and most importantly taste delicious.
Skinny on Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
Served over rice with an Asian vegetable blend on the side, this slow cooker teriyaki chicken was tender and flavorful.
It’s definitely a do-over.
According to my calculations each serving has 240 calories and 6* Weight Watchers Points Plus.
This recipe has decreased to 4* SmartPoints!!
(eCourse + eBook)
(eCourse + eBook)
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (8 5-ounce thighs)
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits or chunks, drained
- ¾ cup teriyaki sauce (I like Soy-Bay and Kikkoman Takumi brands)
- ¼ cup chopped green onion (scallion)
- 2 tablespoons minute tapioca (for thickening)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
- Coat the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken thighs in the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, stir together the pineapple, teriyaki sauce, green onion and tapioca. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, or until the chicken is fork tender.
The quality of your teriyaki sauce will make a big difference here. I like Soy-Vay and Kikkoman Takumi brands.
Possible additions: 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like this lightened up slow teriyaki chicken, you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Szechuan Chicken and Broccoli
- Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken
- Crock Pot Pineapple Pork
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Thighs
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Get Your FREE Guide: 7 Secrets of Successful Weight Watchers
The best tips for weight loss success! You'll also get regular updates from Martha with easy healthy Weight Watchers friendly recipes, support & tips to help you lose weight your way.