WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki with Pineapple
Here's a super easy recipe for slow cooker teriyaki chicken. With just 5 ingredients dinner doesn't get much easier or more delicious.
It's really not that hard to make teriyaki sauce from scratch, which is what I did for this Teriyaki Chicken stir-fry a while back.
But sometimes I prefer the ease of opening a bottle.
The key is finding a high quality teriyaki sauce without a lot of additives and preservatives that you like.
It will make a huge difference. (I like both SoyVay and Kikkoman Takumi brands.)
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Recipe Notes
I like to add a little Minute Tapioca to thicken the sauce of this chicken teriyaki. It comes in a red box that you'll find on your grocer's shelves near the pudding/jello. You can always skip it and instead thicken your sauce at the end by mixing a couple of tablespoons of cornstarch with a little water to make a slurry. Stir into the crockpot and then let heat for 10 - 15 minutes until thickened.
Served over rice or cauliflower rice with an Asian vegetable blend on the side, this slow cooker teriyaki chicken was tender and flavorful. It's definitely a do-over.
Leftovers can be portioned out and frozen for future quick and easy meals.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Easy Crock Pot Chicken Teriyaki?
According to my calculations each serving has 240 calories and:
4 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
4 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
6 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
You might also like these Weight Watchers friendly simple slow cooker recipes: Slow Cooker Szechuan Chicken and Broccoli, Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken, Crock Pot Pineapple Pork, Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Thighs and Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken
If you've made this Teriyaki Pineapple Chicken, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken with Pineapple Recipe
- 2-½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (8 thighs, 5-ounces each)
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits or chunks, drained
- ¾ cup teriyaki sauce (I like Soy-Vay and Kikkoman Takumi brands)
- ¼ cup chopped green onion (scallion)
- 2 tablespoons minute tapioca (for thickening)
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart.
- Coat the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken thighs in the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, stir together the pineapple, teriyaki sauce, green onion and tapioca. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, or until the chicken is fork tender.
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.This Tasty video shows another way to make Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken:
More Weight Watchers Friendly Easy Asian Recipes:
- Crock Pot Sesame Honey Chicken (SkinnyTaste)
- Asian Spaghetti Squash Salad (Simple-Nourished-Living)
- Sheet Pan Asian Chicken Stir Fry (SlenderKitchen)
- Asian Sesame Chicken Salad (EmilyBites)
- Asian Peanut Noodles with Chicken (SkinnyTaste)
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!