Weight Watchers Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Asian Braised Beef
I had a small chuck roast in the fridge and gave Rod 3 recipe options: BBQ beef, Salsa Beef or this Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Asian Braised Beef, which he selected.
It turned out to be an excellent choice.
Skinny Slow Cooked Asian Braised Beef Recipe Notes
The Recipe is from Slow Cooker: The Best Cookbook Ever with More Than 400 Easy-to-Make Recipes (affiliate link), by Diane Phillips, who once lived in Japan. She describes it as a slow cooked variation on Sukiyaki.
There's no browning required, so it's really easy. But you do need to marinate the meat overnight.
Served with sticky rice to soak up the delicious sauce, this was an easy, healthy and delicious meal in a bowl.
The recipe calls for sake, but I think you could substitute additional beef or chicken broth.
And she specifies only a shorter cooking time on HIGH, but I think it would also be fine if you cooked it for 6 to 8 hours on LOW.
How Many Calories and WW Points in this Asian Beef?
According to my calculations each serving has 310 calories and:
6 *SmartPoints (Green plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Blue plan)
6 *SmartPoints (Purple plan)
8 *PointsPlus (Old plan)
To see your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, Click here!
If you've made this Sake Braised Asian Beef, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. And stay in touch on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the latest updates.
Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Asian Braised Beef Recipe
- ⅔ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup sake
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-¾ pound chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps sliced
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with ¼ cup water or chicken broth
- Ideal slow cooker size: 5 to 6-Quart
- Combine the soy sauce, sake, garlic, pepper and sugar in a large bowl with a whisk. Add the meat and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to 36 hours.
- Put the meat and marinade in the slow cooker. Add the onions and chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Skim off any fat from the top of the stew. Add the cornstarch mixture. Stir to combine. Add the mushrooms and spinach. The slow cooker will be very full.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 to 2 hours more, or until the meat is tender and the sauce is thickened.
Source: Slow Cooker: The Best Cookbook Ever with More Than 400 Easy-to-Make Recipes (affiliate link) by Diane Phillip
*Points® calculated by WW. *PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT each plan's ZeroPoint Foods (Green plan, Blue plan, Purple plan) using the WW Recipe Builder.
Tools Needed For Making This Asian Braised Beef
More Delicious Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Crock Pot Salmon Fillets and Asian Style Vegetables
Slow Cooker Beef with Mushroom Sauce
Weight Watchers Beef & Broccoli
Search for More WW Friendly Slow Cooker Recipes
Martha is the founder and main content writer for Simple-Nourished-Living.
A longtime lifetime WW at goal, she is committed to balancing her love of food and desire to stay slim while savoring life and helping others do the same.
She is the author of the Smart Start 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge.
A huge fan of the slow cooker and confessed cookbook addict, when she's not experimenting in the kitchen, you're likely to find Martha on her yoga mat.
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or other (affiliate links), I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!
Leave a Reply