WW Recipe of the Day: Slow Cooker Thai Beef
(395 calories | *7 WW Freestyle SmartPoints)
The recipe for this slow cooker Thai beef comes from More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: 200 Brand-New, Budget-Friendly, Slow-Cooker Recipes , by Stephanie O’Dea.
It’s short list of ingredients—beef, satay peanut sauce, coconut milk and carrots—and easy fix-and-forget-it instructions caught my eye recently, when I was feeling especially lazy.
So, I decided to give it a try.
As soon as I dumped the satay peanut sauce and coconut milk into the slow cooker, I began to have my doubts.
It seemed like way too much coconut milk for the amount of satay sauce. I immediately wished I had used only half the can, but there was no turning back. So I added the baby carrots and some red bell pepper, popped on the cover and let it cook, undisturbed, for several hours.
When fork tender, I gave my slow cooker Thai beef a taste.
Just as I’d suspected, it was pretty bland.
So, I spiced it up with a few glugs of soy sauce, shakes of hot pepper sauce, and a handful of chopped cilantro, which seemed to work.
(Our tastes are all so different, recipes often will need little tweaks to suit our preferences. Adjusting them to work for us get’s easier the more we do it.)
Served over brown basmati rice, this slow cooker Thai beef made for a hearty satisfying supper.
As I was eating, I couldn’t help but think that with the addition of beef broth and a bag of frozen stir-fry vegetables, the recipe could be converted into a delicious slow cooker Thai Beef soup.
According to my calculations, each serving has 395 calories, *10 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, *7 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Curious about Weight Watchers Freestyle/Flex plan?
Watch this short video to learn more:
If you’ve made this Crock Pot Thai Beef, please give the recipe a star rating below and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it.
Slow Cooker Thai Beef Recipe
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast
- 10 ounces peanut satay sauce
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) baby carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts as a garnish (optional)
- Soy sauce and hot sauce sauce for serving (optional)
- Ideal slow cooker size: 4-Quart.
- Coat the cooker with nonstick spray.
- Place the beef in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Stir together the satay sauce, coconut milk and soy sauce and pour over the meat. Flip the meat over a couple of times to coat it with the sauce.
- Add the baby carrots and sliced red bell pepper. Cover and cook on LOW until the meat is fork tender, 6 to 8 hours.
- Break up the meat into small pieces before serving.
Source: Adapted from More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: 200 Brand-New, Budget-Friendly, Slow-Cooker Recipes by Stephanie O’Dea.
*PointsPlus® and SmartPoints® calculated by Simple Nourished Living; Not endorsed by Weight Watchers International, Inc. All recipe ingredients except optional items included in determining nutritional estimates. SmartPoints® values calculated WITHOUT Weight Watchers Zero Points fruits and vegetables using the WW Recipe Builder.
If you like Slow Cooker Thai Beef you might also like:
- Weight Watchers Italian Slow Cooker Beef Lentil Stew
- Lightened Up Easy Slow Cooker Beef and Mushrooms
- Lightened Up Slow Cooker Coconut Beef
This post contains affiliate links to products I like. When you buy something through one of my Amazon links or Craftsy links, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thanks for your purchase!
Subscribe to Get: Top 10 Reader Favorite Recipes
The Top 10 Most Popular Recipes (PDF) on Simple Nourished Living + Weekly Support Emails with Tips & Easy Healthy Recipes Not Found Anywhere Else!